The Final Stretch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

How this year has passed so quickly is beyond me.  Freshman year has been the most fun and phenomenal experience of my life here at DePauw, and I wouldn’t want it any other way. That being said, I am a little tired of the cold weather, and I’m definitely looking forward to summer vacation! But in six weeks, the seniors will be graduating, we’ll all say goodbye to the friends we have spent the last nine months with, and we’ll embark into the world of summer internships, high school friends, summer jobs, country concerts, and endless days in the sun. However exciting this may seem, the next six weeks are going to be busy and crucial to ending the year right. Keep in mind ladies, that studying and doing well in classes should remain top priority with having a good time coming as a close second. Here are some events you should make sure not to miss before the end of the year.

Relay For Life

On Saturday, April 27th, DePauw students and faculty will join forces with the residents of Putnam County to join the fight against cancer. There are an incredible number of hardworking DePauw students, staff, and Putnam County residents that have formed teams and raised money for the cause, and the event itself is going to be quite fun. Join a team, donate a few dollars, and come out to DePauw’s indoor track and tennis center from noon to midnight on Saturday, April 27, 2013 and have fun while fighting for an extremely important cause.

Spring Sports Games

Make sure to make some time to show your Tiger Pride at any of the games the DePauw athletes are competing in this spring. Baseball and softball are in full swing (pun absolutely intended) and their lineups are phenomenal. Check out their schedules and head out to see them. Let’s not forget our lacrosse players and their newly developed NCAA teams! Lacrosse is quite an exciting sport; so make sure you see a game. And, absolutely go see a track meet and a tennis match, and support some golfers while they play for 18 holes. You can find all the information about the sports teams on http://www.depauw.edu/athletics.

Little Five

The infamous week of Little Five is quickly approaching!! April 15th kicks off the week of fun for all of DePauw. Make sure you’re ready to have some fun and spend some amazing days with your amazing friends and make sure you get out and meet some new people! Go crazy, but stay safe!

There are so many fun things to do this semester, and let’s be honest. It’s finally getting warm (knock on wood) and there is no reason not to get excited about the end of the year. Enjoy the rest of these six weeks, ladies!!

Rose Overbey

DePauw '20