This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Strong female friendship has proven to be advantageous in developing professional skills for later on in life. However, women are continually pitted against each other in popular culture. Women in prominent positions of status are typically characterized as enemies, such as the recent Cardi B and Nicki Minaj rivalry. Society pushes the idea that women cannot possibly be friends while working in tandem. This idea is clearly not true, because these bombass gal pals certainly exist:

1. Octavia Spencer and Jessica Chastain

An Oscar winner and nominee, respectfully, fighting the gender wage gap in the acting industry together. How does it get better than that?

2. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler

The two met at an improv class in 1993, and they later grew into their careers together. They now host award shows together–GOALS!

3. Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj

Apart from making great music together, this pair defies the media’s concocted idea that women of color have to be in constant competition with each other. Women of color are portrayed as more aggressive than white women and are therefore believed to be unable to form strong friendships. HOWEVER, Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj are truly out here living their lives while making music together.

Women’s friendships are believed to be founded by drama. Although some friendships do start from unfortunate situations, it is pure love and support that makes them last into the future. It is that sense of unconditional love and support that I have personally experienced, whether it be from my mom, sister, sorority sisters, boss or that girl I walk past every day after class. Female friendships are a sign that something is going right, not wrong. It is these strong, unbreakable bonds that will only positively impact society.

Lindsey is a senior Economics major at DePauw, with a minor in Classical Studies. When she's not doing work, she loves to cuddle up with a blanket and a glass of milk.
Hi, my name is Bridget! I'm a Peace and Conflict Studies major with Philosophy and Asian Studies minors. I love writing about my friends, personal growth, social justice, and of course, all things Bachelor/Bachelorette!