Falling into Shoe Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

After dealing with months of hot, humid, and 90-degree weather, most girls are sick and tired of their flip-flops and are ready to upgrade to a brand new pair of fall shoes. Trends come and go, but are always exciting to follow. This year’s fall shoe trends come in a lot of different shapes, sizes, and price ranges. 

Sneakers: 

For all you sporty girls out there, have no fear stylish sneakers are here. Large names like New Balance, Converse, and Vans have been frequently seen around campus and in the magazines. Sneakers can be matched with jeans with a fun scarf to create a fun and funky look.  

Ankle Boots:

As riding boots have had their fair share of the limelight, ankle boots are beginning to have a strong prevalence. They give off more of an edge look and can easily pull together an outfit. Adding buckets or zippers on ankle boots creates an avant-garde aspect on your feet.

D’Orsay flats:

Ballet flats are some of the easiest shoes to slip on if you are in a hurry and need something classy on your feet. For years, us girls have been breaking in numerous flats: Mary Jane’s, lace ups, patent leather, etc. However many stores- such as J. Crew, Madewell, and Urban Outfitters- have been featuring the D’Orsay style of ballet flats. What is the D’Orsay style you may ask? It is just a flat shoe but it comes to a point at the end. 

Combat boots:

Lately the fashion world has had a lot of Goth influence, hence the MET Gala of 2013 with its “Punk Couture” theme. Combat boots are a great way to add a little punk flare to your wardrobe. Doc Martins and Steve Madden have a lot of different styles of combat boots. Whether with skinny jeans or a fun skirt, combat boots are an essential for your fall wardrobe. 

Cheetah print:

Cheetah print can be worn as a neutral. It looks really great on your feet, too. Utilize cheetah print to brighten up a monochrome outfit. Invest in a pair of cheetah loafers or pumps; they will instantly put a little pep in your step.

To shop these looks, check out local department stores like Marshalls and T.J. Maxx. They have a lot of affordable yet stylish options. Other stores like The Gap, Anthropologie, and Nordstroms carry similar items. For more style tips, keep up with our blogs on Her Campus.