This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

I don’t know about you, but one of the things I am looking forward to the most about this upcoming Fall Break is getting my nails done. I am so excited to relax and pick out a new look for the next few weeks, but I’m feeling stuck. I pick the same designs over and over again, so I went on Pinterest and picked out a few options! Enjoy!

Simple Warm Tones

I love a good reddish-brown, orange nail.  I just do.  Maybe it is because Fall is my favorite season, but you can never go wrong with this classic.  The warm-toned nails mixed with the falling leaves are my favorite.

Mismatch Nails
Original photo by Jada Bonilla

Shades of Brown 

This has been on my list of nail inspo for quite some time now, and I think it will be what I go with at my next appointment.  Shades of brown or beige are so simple and natural, but they also give off a warm and inviting feeling, which is perfect for fall.  

Tortoiseshell Nails 

As I was scrolling through Pinterest looking for ideas for this article, I saw multiple pins of Tortoishelle nails.  I am obsessed with them.  They are so simple, yet so chic and classy.  They radiate fall vibes and I had to share them here.  

Olive Green

This has been in style for so long now.  I love, love, love the darker green shades and how it looks on nails.  Honestly, I don’t think it will ever go out of style for me.  

The Classic Black Nail 

I’m not even going to lie, I love black nails.  I think they add an edge to any outfit and they look so great during the fall. This is always a very strong contender for me no matter the season (yes, even in the Summer). 

photo of hand, showing nails
Original photo by Hannah Beierman

A Fun Tip 

I’ve seen these everywhere and I think it’s about time I try it out.  You know what I am talking about, all the influencers have these nails.  It’s a simple French Tip, but a fun color instead of white.  Kylie Jenner recently posted a picture of hers with an orange tip instead of the white.  They look so fun, colorful, and perfect for Fall. 

Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.