This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

It is officially Fall, which means booties, jackets, sweaters and more. Basically, what I mean it is the best season of the year. Animal print has been around for awhile, but it was only recently that it came seriously back into fashion. So, here is your Fall 2019 animal print style guidebook, to say the least.

Leopard Jacket

Let’s face it, a good fuzzy jacket is a MUST for the season which is why you need this in your closet. It can spice up any outfit. Plus, it is super warm and cozy. I love how this one has different shades of brown and white in the print as well! It doesn’t look tacky as some prints do.

Snakeskin Booties

To say the very, very, least… I LOVE these booties. Mix up the print with the snakeskin (also available in cheetah print). They’re a light enough color that they will match almost anything and be able to add that special touch to your outfit that it’s been missing. Good height. Perfect colors. Adorable pattern. What more do you need?

Cheetah Belt

I include a belt in almost every fashion advice I have for anyone as they are usually affordable and a small, yet fashionable statement. After you own the basic’s, reach for a printed one like shown above to create the perfect look for any day, any time, and any event. 

Cheetah Slip-Ons

Everyone loves a good slip-on shoe. Personally, Vans and Steve Maddens carry my favorite ones (those usually come at a higher price). However, this pair comes in at an affordable price and a fun cheetah print. They also are soft to the touch– which is a bonus! Pair them with some black leggings, a sweater and your outfit is put together and fashionable. 

Leopard Print Cami

Lace and cheetah print? You can’t really get any sexier. This is the perfect going out top, dinner? The bars? A fraternity? It can fit so many occasions. And if you do it right, you can make it casual with a cardigan and jeans and some white sneakers for class or a casual Saturday. The best of both worlds.

Knit Animal Print Sweater

For some, the orange and brown can be overwhelming, if you want a chilled look or your new to the animal print this is the perfect option for you. It’s a light color that will go with everything. A perfect Fall sweater.

Cheetah Scrunchie

Again, if you’re new to whole animal print this is the option for you. People tend to forget that we can accessorize our hair but this cute scrunchie is great to throw in your casual up-do, or half up half down look. 

Snakeskin Clutch

An Amazon find!? Yes, please. This purse comes in many animal prints (this was my personal favorite) and it is the purse you need this Fall. The cute chain detailing is the touch everyone needs in their wardrobe. Imagine— ripped light wash jeans, a white sweater, then throw this purse over? A little black dress? Perfect fall outfit.

Animal print is essentially the new Fall (and Winter) color. Start small and then transform your style with all of these cute, yet affordable, pieces. 

DePauw 2021. English Writing Major. Member of Alpha Chi Omega. Sushi and iced coffee are the ways to my heart.
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.