This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Paige Bagby, a member of Alpha Chi Omega, said her favorite part of Derby Days would probably be painting the wall in the house. Another member, Audrey Smith, said the her favorite part was getting to bond with her pledge class by preparing for and competing in the dance competition.

Megan Mannering, a member of Alpha Phi, says that her favorite part of Derby Days was performing with the rest of her pledge class to their “Phi E O” mix for the Derby Days dance competition. She also said, “The indoor track was so hyped as each sorority presented their dances and cheered for one another. Having fun while simultaneously raising awareness for a cause and giving back to the community is what Greek life is all about, and I think Sigma Chi did a stand-out job of capturing that idea throughout last week’s festivities!” Peyton Reffeitt, another member of Alpha Phi, said her favorite part was the dance also.

Anna Werkowski, a member of Delta Gamma, told us that she loved practicing with her teammates and getting to bond with them all as a pledge class. She said, “We really got to know each other.”

Blair Carlin, a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, says that her favorite part of derby days was the dance. She said, “It was really cool to bring all the sororities together and have something fun to show everyone. Everyone was so talented. It was awesome to watch!”

Karolyn Buescher, a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma, told me that she really enjoys the little things like getting the bandanas and posting the pictures with Sigma Chi’s, but her favorite part of Derby Days was watching all of the dances stating that “it was cool to see what everyone came up with!” Gabi Hagedorn, another member of Kappa Kappa Gamma, said her favorite part was watching all the dances.

Emma McLane, a member of Pi Beta Phi, says it was fun to watch all of the other dances during Derby Days.

I hate writing, but I love Her Campus DePauw!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.