This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

So, the time has come to decorate your dorm or your home for the season of Halloween. Unfortunately, as a college student, you want to decorate your room but don’t have much of a budget for decorating. Here are some stores to keep you in the spirit but you don’t have to break the bank!

The Dollar Tree

This one is probably pretty obvious but there are some great decorations in here and for no more than a dollar. These products are probably not guaranteed to last until next year though. Unfortunately, these will probably only be a one use and done. 

Walmart

This one is also very popular and easy to access. Decorations can run fairly cheap here and there is quite a wide variety of decorations. These decorations will also probably be single-use unless you splurge on more expensive decorations. 

Party City

This is running a little more on the expensive side but also a good choice for any season/occasion. This store has a wide variety of different holidays all year round. This is probably my favorite store to go to for Halloween decorations. Although these decorations will probably last a little longer than some other decorations you can find out there. 

The Home Depot

This last one is probably the most expensive store to buy Halloween decorations from. Although it is unexpected for The Home Depot to sell these things, it is a good store to buy products you want to keep in years to come and reuse. 

I hope this helped anyone that was thinking about decorating for the season! There are other stores out there but these are some of my favorites to buy products from!

I am a Senior at DePauw University, and a Kinesiology major. I love swimming and occasionally playing tennis. I have a dog and I am from Franklin, IN.
Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.