Courtney Graham ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Her Campus sat down with Courtney Graham, a junior,  to talk about the upcoming DePauw University Dance Marathon.

HerCampus: Hey Courtney! How are you doing today?

Courtney: Great! So excited for DPUDM!!  

HC: Great! Let’s get started! When was your first dance marathon?

CG: My first dance marathon was when I was a sophomore in high school at Cathedral. Go Irish!

HC: What or who convinced you to do it?

CG: I started doing Dance Marathon because my older sister, Heather, was heavily involved with IUDM, and I saw how much hope and joy this amazing organization put in her life, so I knew I wanted to get involved.

HC: What position do you have on the DPUDM exec board?

CG: I’m currently the director of social media for DPUDM. Make sure to follow us!!

HC: What is your favorite thing about Dance Marathon?

CG: My favorite thing about DPUDM is the people I’ve been able to meet and build relationships with. I’ve never met such a passionate, outgoing and incredible group of people. They push me to be better in every aspect of my life and encourage me to go for my goals whether that be within or outside of DPUDM. They’ve become a family to me, and DPUDM is my favorite thing I’m involved with at DePauw.

HC: What can we expect this year at the DPUDM?

CG: This year, DPUDM is going to be LIT. We will be having 15 or so Riley families, bounce houses, Marvin’s delivered, a rave, Myrna leading Zumba and so much more!

HC: Is there anything else you want to tell us about dance marathon?

CG: DPUDM this year is trying to raise over $80,000 for Riley Children’s hospital in Indianapolis. Don’t miss out on your chance to be a hero. It’s next Saturday from 12-8 and you can sign up at donate.rileykids.org/dpudm2016 It’s my favorite thing in the world and I promise you that you won’t regret it. FTK all DM day. Bad dancing saves lives!

I hate writing, but I love Her Campus DePauw!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.