Coconut Oil: The Ultimate Lazy Girl Product

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

I’m sure at this point the whole world has heard about how great coconut oil is, for a while it was the only thing people seemed to be talking about. But hear me out, coconut oil is hands down the most versatile beauty product on the market. Plus it’s inexpensive and you can buy is at the grocery store closest to you. To get started with your new favorite beauty tool, here are four of my favorite uses for coconut oil.

Hair Mask

My hair health has improved drastically since I began making coconut oil hair masks. It smells great; it’s hydrating, adds shine and stimulates growth. I mean, what more could you want from a hair mask? For a sweeter smell and extra scalp stimulation, add a few drops of lavender essential oil.

Eye-Makeup Remover

Sick of spending money on makeup wipes? Try substituting them for coconut oil. It is a great makeup remover and helps avoid breakouts due to its antimicrobial properties.

Moisturizer

Coconut oil is a great moisturizer because it is able to penetrate the skin better than other oils. If you have acne prone skin or very oily skin, trying adding a few drops of oil to your moisturizer to amp up the hydration.

Highlighter

One of my favorite beauty products is highlighter, and guess what? Coconut oil makes a great highlighter that will keep your glow strong all night long. Not ready to give up your powder highlighter? No worries! Just dap a drop or two of coconut oil across your cheekbones and layer your powder highlighter on top. The coconut oil will make the highlighter more pigmented and last longer.

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.