Bringing Back the Bolds and Brights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

New York Fashion week has just wrapped up after sending next fall’s biggest trends down the catwalk. In watching the news coverage, I like to look at not only what is coming off the runway, but the people attending the shows and scurrying around Manhattan. The street-style throughout the week was at its absolute best. The city was just flooded with top designers, elite stylists, fashion editors, supermodels, and big-name celebrities – all of whom are ahead of the game when it comes to fashion and style. What were they wearing? Bright and bold colors!

DePauw students are getting ahead of the game, too, as we fall back into spring! We’ve almost finally made it out of Greencastle’s temperamental weather, but while the cold still lingers, it’s time to brighten up our outfits. Bring back out those colored jeans you forgot you had! Pair them with your favorite boots and a sweater, and head off to your 8:10 econ class that you’ve been dreading with a little more color than usual. Too early in the morning to struggle your way into those skinny jeans? Throw on your coziest leggings, a solid T-shirt and a colorful scarf.  It’s about bright underpinnings, bold cross-bodies, vibrant pendant necklaces, anything! A pop of color here or there can change your entire outfit and brighten your day!