This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

(Alert: This article contains spoilers!!!)

Hello my fellow Bachelor fans, Bridget here. As a long time fan of The Bachelor/The Bachelorette since Brad’s ~second~ season in 2011, I thought creating my own Bachelor series was a good second semester senior project. Productive, right? I will be giving you a weekly recap about what went down Monday night as well as my predictions, highlights, and of course the cringiest things that happened.

Alright, so in my personal opinion, I am still a little upset Jason wasn’t named our next Bachelor. But whatever, Colton seems to be a pretty stand-up guy. Plus, he manages to be hot and look like a teddy bear at the same time. We stan. Did you also know he’s a virgin?? The Bachelor has used this as their main advertising for this season, and it’s already getting old.

Episode 1 “Virgin” Count: 18… YIKES

Many women mentioned Colton’s virginity…

• The first woman to be kissed, Caelynn, said “he kisses very well for a virgin.” You can be a good kisser without having sex??? What? Shocked and confused.
  • Erika wasted no time and immediately asked Colton why he was a virgin? Cute icebreaker, Erika.
  • Demi’s “pickup line” out of the limo is “so I have not dated a virgin since I was 12, but I’m excited to give it another shot.” I just… Ok.
  • Let’s not forget Chris Harrison. In an interview with Colton before the first night, he asks, “How much of the negativity and the “he’s not ready” do you think has to do with your virginity?” When Colton replies, “That’s sort of the stigma around being a virgin—oh, he’s not romantic…,” THEN Chris hits us with the “he’s not a man.” Ah, thanks for reminding us that toxic masculinity is alive and well, Chris. We can’t unpack that right now.

My predicted winner: Hannah G.

• Hannah G. got the first impression rose, which is a pretty good indicator that she will be in the final four, but I think she’s got a chance at taking it all the way.

Final four prediction: Hannah G., Caelynn, Cassie, and Demi

• Despite the fact that Caelynn and Demi both made some cringy comments, I think they are ones to watch. Like I said, Caelynn got the first kiss. Demi is a cute little ball of energy with potential to be that woman who stays waaay too long. And I may be in love with Cassie myself, idk—a sweet speech pathologist from California seems just like Colton’s type.

Jimmy Kimmel’s predicted winner: Cassie

Jimmy Kimmel’s predicted final four: Cassie, Hannah G., Katie, and Caelynn

• Jimmy Kimmel/his wife Molly have predicted five out of the past six winners after night one, so this is relevant. I agree that Katie will be at least top 6, but this lineup doesn’t have enough DRAMA!

Catch me back next Wednesday afternoon.

Hi, my name is Bridget! I'm a Peace and Conflict Studies major with Philosophy and Asian Studies minors. I love writing about my friends, personal growth, social justice, and of course, all things Bachelor/Bachelorette!