The Best Drugstore Makeup for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

If you’re a lover of beauty like me, you know that fall fashion and makeup are literally everything. Bronze eyes, dark lips, cozy sweaters—all things you’ve been waiting for since March. Although fall fashion is absolutely ~ iconic ~, it can get pretty expensive. Here are some fairly-priced products that you just have to have cluttering your makeup station!

1. If you haven’t heard of Colourpop Cosmetics, you might be living under a rock; but that’s okay! I’m here to inform you. Colourpop is an online website (recently with a few products in Ulta and Sephora) that is literally the best quality, but super affordable. They have everything from eyeshadow palettes (starting at $16… Yes, I’m serious) to concealer (starting at $6). The look I inserted above is created by a palette called the “Fortune Pressed Powder Shadow Palette.” Link here!

2. The second major trend of fall is a rosy, plum cheek. This blush palette formulated by Morphe is only $20, contains 8 blush shades, and would work great for any and all skin tones and types. One review on Ulta’s website claims that it stayed on for 10 hours…10 hours! That’s literally longer than waking up for a 9 a.m. and getting to your room after dinner. Link here!

3. Maybelline has stayed killing the game for quite some time now. In case you’re looking for an amazing array of any fall-vibe makeup, here’s some inspo from their page.  Their liquid lip lasts an average of 16 hours and starts at $9. And for the shimmery babe, they have amazing chrome highlighters that can be used as an eyeshadow topper or the typical highlight. Links here and here!

4. According to my sources, the babes that have dry skin during the colder months should check out L’Oreal Paris’ Infallible Glowy Foundation Line. Although the shade range isn’t ideal, their other collections have more inclusive ranges if you’re looking for something similar. Check it out here for only $12.99!

I hope you all enjoyed these makeup tips and product shout-outs!

PRO TIP: Drugstores and beauty stores usually up-charge the product out of convenience, so check out Target or Walmart for prices you love (and Amazon does, too). 

Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.