The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star: My Opinion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

The other day I was browsing on Youtube looking for a good video to take up some of my time. Then I stumbled across Shane Dawson’s newest video/documentary. The video is titled: “The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star.” It is about more experiences in the wild, but fabulous, life of Jeffree Star. The video also covers Shane Dawson and how he is transitioning, in a way, to make more money and learn more about the makeup industry via Jeffree. 

This video honestly stressed me out quite a bit. Although I truly love both Jeffree and Shane, I don’t know how they are able to continuously live such exposing lives. Trust me, I will always cheer them on and look up to them for their bravery, but I could never live such a famous life. 

I have been a follower and supporter of Shane for a while now and I love how he is choosing to move in this direction. He has been apprently wanting to make these changes for a long time and is now finally getting around to doing it.

He is now working to learn more about makeup and Jeffree’s process of how he creates his own makeup, in order to gain the necessary knowledge to collab with Jeffree on a new makeup line. Shane has always been an advocate for mental and physical health, and he intertwines this theme and purpose in all that he does.

It’s not very surprising that he shows how this new life is affecting him. This could potentially be a very great journey for Shane, but it will no doubt be a stressful journey. The growth that Shane has shown over the years and is still showing us is very impressive to me, and I personally can’t wait to see what happens next. 

If you want to check out the video for yourself, then click here

Lannea Allen

DePauw '22

Hi I’m Lannea, I’m a Sophomore DePauw student majoring in Environmental Geology with a minor in Spanish. I’m also on the track and Cross Country team here as well. I joined hercampus to see how I can benefit my campus through this fun club.
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.