group of girl friends in a field
group of girl friends in a field
Photo by Sarah Carriere

An Interview with Panhellenic President Christina Bourantas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

HC: Thank you for talking with me today! Can you start by introducing yourself?

CB: My name is Christina Bourantas and I am a senior, double majoring in Physics and Kinesiology. I am also the outgoing President of the Panhellenic Association.

HC: Thank you. Now can you explain what Panhellenic does for those who are not familiar?

CB: The DePauw Panhellenic Association is composed of the National Panhellenic Conference sororities at DePauw, which includes Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Phi, Delta Gamma, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and Pi Beta Phi. Panhellenic provides programming, educational opportunities, and philanthropy for all member chapters.  

HC: Can you tell me what interested you in becoming President of Panhellenic?

CB: I served as Vice President of Member Education and Development my junior year, and was interested in serving another year on the Panhellenic Association Executive Council in order to better help and serve the Panhellenic community at DePauw University. I enjoyed serving the Panhellenic members and the greater Greencastle community. I feel that I have accomplished different goals and tasks and hosted many programs in my role as Vice President of Member Education and Development, but I still wanted to continue to make the Panhellenic community better. I valued the relationships I built and the friendships I made and I wanted to help other students at DePauw gain a similar experience.

HC: What has surprised you most about Panhellenic since becoming President?

CB: Prior to becoming President, I did not realize the direct impact I would have on the Panhellenic community.

HC: For students who are not affiliated with a Panhellenic chapter: how are they impacted by Panhellenic on campus?

CB: Our Panhellenic chapters pride themselves on service and philanthropy opportunities to benefit different organizations in the greater Greencastle community. Some events that we host are open to all students, so anyone can attend! For anyone who’s unaffiliated, regardless if they are a student, DePauw staff, community members, or families of affiliated women, there are ways they can still get involved!

HC: What advice would you give for students to make the most of their college experience, whether or not they affiliate with a chapter?

CB: Involve yourself in campus activities, spend time with your friends, and make the most of every experience!  

Hello! My name is Madalyn. I am a senior at DePauw studying Philosophy, Law, and Public Policy. I am an Honor Scholar and a pre-law student. I aspire to be a combination of Taylor Swift and Elle Woods. <3