This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie has every reason to deserve this title. Meet Delta Upsilon, Alex Hankins, the overall winner of this year’s Little Five! This year, DU had a staggering 234 points, a whopping 73 points more than second place Phi Delta Theta. What was there secret? Teamwork. The four DU riders were top four in not only the criterium but overall! Her Campus sat down with Alex to learn about his experience winning it all.

Her Campus: First off, how did it feel to win Little 5? You got 68 points, due to your first place finish Time Trial, Street Sprints, and fourth in the crit. How did it feel to do so well on all aspects of the event?

Alex Hankins: It was absolutely amazing.  After all of the hard work my team and I put in, we were as happy as can be.

HC: It is so awesome that you are focused on your team, and not your own success. Even when I asked you for a picture, you sent a group shot, not an individual! Can you tell me a little bit about the DU team dynamic?

AH: The DU Team was well rounded.  Some of us had a ton of power, while others had a ton of endurance.  We trained with these strengths and weaknesses in mind.  We made it each other’s goals to exploit each other’s weaknesses and use them to each other’s advantages.

HC: What event did you personally feel the most prepared for?

AH: Definitely time trials. (Alex sprinted .6 miles in 60.35 and got first!)

HC: Well it certainly showed! Was there anything in particular you did to prepare for the various races?

AH: My pre-ride ritual was a mix between running a routine tune-up on my bike and a pyramid workout on a trainer.

HC: What is your favorite memory of riding this year?

AH: It has to be after the crit.  Realizing that we had swept crit and overall was a true testament to our hard work paying off.

Thank you, Alex, for being this week’s Campus Cutie, you deserve it!