8 Things to Stock Up On As Cold Season Rolls Around

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Here are some medications and items you should grab as quick as you can! Sickness on college campuses comes on fast and spreads like a wild beast. With shared drinks, close quarters and filthy frats, it becomes super easy to catch that bug.

1. Tylenol/AdvilThis one can help with aches and pains and even lower a fever.

2.  Nasal Decongestant

Nasal decongestant can save a life when all the built-up pressure goes to your head and you can’t seem to blow it all out no matter what you do.

3. Cough Drops

Halls Breezers are my personal favorite, but any kind usually works. Soothing your throat and stopping that nasty cough is essential (especially if you have roommates that don’t enjoy all your hacking).

4. TissuesYou’re sure to catch the sniffles this fall season and that dorm hall bathroom tissue is just too harsh on your already irritated nose. Pick up some soft tissues and your face will thank you later.

5. TeaThis warm drink does not only soothe the throat but can also provide some much-needed nutrition to your weak body.

6. Ear Plugs

Sleep is very important when you get sick; picking up a set of these little guys could really help block out the noise and catch some Z’s.

7. Cool/Heat Pack

When you have a fever or simply aren’t feeling well, it’s great to have one of these around to cool you down. You can also throw it in the microwave and warm those aching muscles.

8. Chicken Noodle Soup

As with the tea, nutrition is very important when you’re sick. Chicken noodle soup provides protein, some carbs and broth to keep you hydrated. 

I grew up in Columbus, Ohio and have been doing dance, gymnastics, and cheerleading for as long as I can remember. I have been a lifeguard for six years. I am a member of the Alpha chapter of Alpha Chi Omega here at DePauw. I have cheered on the tigers for football and basketball seasons for the last three years. I am a Biology major and my dream job is to become a pediatric nurse. I will be going to nursing school after I graduate from DePauw.