6 Tips on How to Survive an 8AM Class Without Falling Asleep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Take a shower before class! This will really wake you up and get you ready for the day.

Bring a snack to class. It’s easy to skip breakfast, but it is the most important meal of the day. So try not to forget to grab a granola bar on your way out. 

Bring coffee to class! Caffeine is always a good solution; just make sure you’re up in time to make a cup of joe!

Blast music with your headphones on the way to class! A good song can get you up and moving; plus, you can bust a few moves before having to sit down for an hour-long lecture.

Do a power workout before class. 10-15 minutes of quick activity can be just the right routine to get the blood pumping into your muscles.

Pinch yourself! If worst comes to worst and you really can’t stay awake, try to pinch yourself to wake up!

I grew up in Columbus, Ohio and have been doing dance, gymnastics, and cheerleading for as long as I can remember. I have been a lifeguard for six years. I am a member of the Alpha chapter of Alpha Chi Omega here at DePauw. I have cheered on the tigers for football and basketball seasons for the last three years. I am a Biology major and my dream job is to become a pediatric nurse. I will be going to nursing school after I graduate from DePauw.