This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
With fall comes cozy sweaters, huge scarfs, and my personal favorite, hundreds of different types of boots! Every college girl has at least a few pairs as go-to shoes for the chilly season. On a college student’s budget, it can be tough to find the right boots at the reasonable price. Below are five different boots that are all super trendy, chic, and under $150.

1. Riding Boot 

The classic riding boot is a staple in any college girl’s closet. For a preppy look, pair this boot with a white-button down shirt, khaki pants, and silver jewelry. These specific riding boots are great because they even have a bit of a wedge that give you some extra height. Pick up this highly rated boot by Steve Madden for $150!

2. Rain Boot

Over the last few years, Hunter has very quickly become the most popular rain boot brand for college-aged women. These boots are great because they are extremely durable and come in a variety of vibrant colors. Put on a pair of thick boot socks and these boots can even be used in the snow! The price for these rain boots is quite steep at $150 a pair, but they are definitely worth it. They have multiple uses and will last for several years. 

3. Suede Boot

Suede is a major trend this fall and suede boots have been popping up all over the runways. Suede boots are great dressed up for a date or a girl’s night out. They can also be dressed down for a trip to the local mall or park. Bargain alert! These boots are only a mere $69! Hurry and pick up these adorable boots at Lulus

4. Duck Boots

Duck boots are another very popular shoe for the fall. These boots are great for those lazy days when you want to just wear leggings and an oversized sweatshirt. They are also perfect for a hike in DePauw’s beautiful nature park. These duck boots from Sperry are super cute, water resistant, and come in four different colors. Get them for $120. 

5. Over-the-Knee Boot

The over-the-knee boot is ideal for a sleek, sophisticated look. This boot goes great with tights, a dress, and a jacket. Add a stylish hat and you will be looking like a trendy New Yorker in no time. This pair is perfect for this fall season because it combines two of the season’s major trends: leather and suede. These boots were originally priced at $199, but are now a steal at only $89.97 at Nordstrom Rack!

6. Heeled Booties

Possibly the hottest style of the season, booties are being seen everywhere these days. Booties can be paired with jeans and a sweater or a T-shirt dress for a night at the frats.  These boots are available at Lulus in a variety of colors for the insane price of just $34!
Freshman at DePauw! Hometown: Oxford, OH. Currently undecided in major. Style Blog Writer. Tiger Ambassador. Loves anything to do with fashion, the ocean, popsicles, and football!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.