5 Ways to Make Your Room Fun Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

If you’re like me, and you’re already bored with your current room decor, you’re in luck! Here are 5 amazing ways to bring the life back into your space and make your room into the perfect place to chill!

1. Photo Wall

If you haven’t already done this, a photo wall is an amazing way to showcase your friends and to remind yourself of the good memories. Set it up next to your bed or over your desk and add string lights to make it feel extra Pinterest-esque.

2. Tapestry

If you don’t already have one hanging somewhere in your room, buying a tapestry is a definite way to liven up a room and get more color into your life. They can be pricey, but if you take a look at sites like Amazon, you’ll definitely be able to find one that’s cute and affordable!

3. Reorganize Your Closet

There’s no better time than the weekend to actually do all of your laundry and put it away correctly. Matching hangers will make your closet look put together, even if your life isn’t. Plus, there’s no downside to actually being able to find that cute shirt when you’re getting ready to go out!

4. Change the Layout

Moving around the furniture can give your space an entirely different feel. Depending on where you live, you can loft or unloft your bed, move your desk, or rearrange where your posters are on the wall. Just that tiny bit of change can revitalize the area!

5. Curtains

If you somehow sleep in a room with no curtains and you aren’t bothered by sun in the morning, I have mad respect for you. If you’re willing to take a trip to Wal-Mart (or shop online), there are plenty of affordable options that will make your room colorful and cheery. 

Hi, I'm Ashley! I'm currently a senior at DePauw, where I'm majoring in Neuroscience and minoring in Psychology and Computer Science. I'm from Dayton, Ohio, and I love swimming, Marvel movies, and exploring the outdoors!