4 Free Things To Do in Las Vegas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

A trip to Las Vegas can really rack up. It’s very expensive, and there’s an opportunity to spend money everywhere from taking pictures with shirtless cowboys to overpriced virtual reality experiences. While these attractions are a good time, your bank account will be aching by the time you fly home. However, there are fun and entertaining things you can do in the city for free. And let’s face it, if you visit Las Vegas you’ve probably already lost all your money at the slots and need some free-of-cost entertainment, like visiting the well-known Las Vegas sign. There are so many Kodak moments in Vegas, and this is one you just can’t miss.

Fremont Street

Old Vegas, or Fremont Street, is filled with street performers, concerts, and artists. There are people drumming on buckets, clay carvers, grown men in diapers, and much more. On any given night, you’re going to experience something different. It’s packed with a mixture of people and a screen of lights above light the whole street.

Fountains at Bellagio

At the Bellagio Hotel, there are beautiful fountains that shoot into the sky, reaching a height of 200 feet. They perform every 30 minutes from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. and everyone gathers around to watch. Music plays during the show, and at night light is used to illuminate the dancing water.

Walk Through the Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian

When walking through the Venetian Hotel, it appears as if you’re walking outside. The ceilings are realistically painted to resemble the sky, and each shop is crafted to appear if you’re walking on cobblestone and passing eclectic shops. Even if you don’t buy anything, it’s fun to walk through and look at the canal weaving between the shops and make your way through each differently decorated shop. 

Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Garden

This inside conservatory is redecorated each season with an arrangement of flowers crafted into statutes. The ceiling is a dome of windows that lets in natural light to shine upon the amazing display. You can walk through and take pictures for no cost at all. You don’t even have to be staying at the hotel. The display is breathtaking. You have to go and see it. Pictures don’t do it justice, as there are many layers of flowers for each craft that can only really be appreciated in person.

Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.