freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

24 Signs Your Boyfriend is with Someone Else

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

We never want it to get to this point, and we never want to admit it’s true or actually happening to us, but we also shouldn’t be at home playing the fool waiting for a boy that’s never coming. If your boyfriend has been exhibiting any of these behaviors maybe it’s time to look for a new one. If you think your boyfriend is doing some shady sh*t, chances are he is. After asking for input from girls (and guys) around campus, here are some signs that you should look out for:

1. His phone conveniently died when he was supposed to contact you, but he still managed to get in contact with his friends and hang out. In a world of iPhones, apparently none of them had a charger.

2. You start noticing holes in his stories when you ask him what he was doing or how his day went.

3. When his phone goes off and he conveniently has to use the bathroom at that point and takes his phone with him.

4. He gets antsy whenever you’re near his phone and acts weird when you try to use it.

5. He suddenly starts hanging out with more girls than usual, and has a whole bunch of “she’s an old friend” excuses when these new girls start popping up. If she’s an old friend, how come you’ve never heard of her? Sounds new.

6. You haven’t met the friends he hangs out with a lot…even though you hang out with him and his friends.

7. His phone’s battery dies a lot faster and more frequently than the average person.

8. He gives you enough attention to string you along, but the future of your relationship is at a standstill.

9. There’s always a reason as to why you guys can’t hang out or chat.

10. If you’re long distance, you’re screwed already. These all apply x2.

11. Every problem you have with him or point out, he turns it around and calls you crazy and makes you feel guilty.

12. You never know where he is, and he’s never where he says he’s going to be.

13. All the girls he follows on Instagram and Facebook are half naked pictures and are always on his screen.

14. He has random screenshots saved of girls from social media that are not famous girls…does he know them, or is he planning on getting to know them?

15. He has a lot of numbers in his phone that aren’t saved under a name, or he has someone saved under the name of his best friend or mother.

16. He has frequent Snapchats or fiery streaks with girls you don’t know.

17. You see text messages that have weird beginnings, meaning that they had a previous conversation but it was deleted…and then he adds that he hasn’t spoken to this person in a while.

18. He gets naked Snapchats of girls and responds to them…all the time.

19. He picks you apart. Be this anything from your looks, to your music, to the way you talk.

20. He won’t text you for days at a time and then when he finally does reach out to you, he claims he didn’t do anything but hang out at home with the dog and he just needed time away from you. 

21. He gives you the cold shoulder, is ignoring you, and couldn’t care less about making you happy. The distance continues to grow.

22. When you confront him, he says “No,” but diverts his eye contact.

23. He shows up on your friend’s Tinder.

24. He keeps giving out his phone number to people he just met. Mainly girls or sleazy guys that “want to cruise for chicks at bars.”

If any of these sound a little too familiar, it is time to consider breaking up because you deserve better!

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.