10 Things I Started Doing During Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
Bullet Journaling

This is something that I’d thought about doing in the past but never really had time. Once I got sent home from college in March, I had no clue what my schedule would look like. Making a weekly layout to fit my current schedule worked super well for me. It was also a great way to start my week with some relaxing art. 

Skin Care Routine 

I have luckily had really good skin my whole life. Since I never had a need for skin care, I never developed a good routine. Even though I don’t struggle with bad skin problems I realized it’s still super important to take good care of my face. So, I watched all of SkinCarebyHyram’s videos, invested in some CevaVe cleanser, and have never looked back. 

Digital Art

At the very beginning of quarantine, I impulsively purchased an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil. This purchase was totally influenced by all the super cool videos I’d seen on TikTok. Overall, I’m so happy I got it. I have gotten back into art in a way I haven’t been able to since high school. 

Redbubble Store

This one is super exciting and goes along with digital art. My iPad made it super easy to create designs and figuring out how to open a Redbubble shop was pretty easy. So far I haven’t made a ton of money, but I have had so much fun making stickers of things that I like and seeing people who have those things in common with me buy them. If you want to check out my shop click here! 

Reading for Fun 

In college, I had so much reading for class it became impossible to imagine picking up a book just for fun. Once I got home and had a little bit more free time I was able to start digging into the pile of books that has been building up for years. (I’m currently reading Pity the Reader by Kurt Vonnegut!) 

Online Thrifting

There have been a lot of things I have been trying to do to make my life more sustainable but by far my favorite it online thrifting. I have slowly followed tons of great thrifting accounts on Instagram. Even though I have no money to spend, I love looking for great finds. My favorite purchase so far is an incredible pair of vintage mom jeans! 

Making Tik Toks

I am sure this one is no surprise because that is how everyone else spent their quarantine too. But I was shocked to find out how much I really enjoyed practicing dancing, editing the videos, and seeing if my video would randomly go viral (none of them did). Recently, I’ve loved making videos of my digital art. 

Screen Writing

Since I was a little kid I have loved Tina Fey and have always kind of wanted to write for a TV show. Even though I haven’t had a chance to take a screen writing class in college, I still wanted to learn how to write a screen play. So I headed over to master class and started taking a course on screen writing!

Getting Enough Sleep

For the first time in my life I have been able to go to bed whenever I want and wake up whenever I want. I feel like I have a really great sleep schedule and finally feel rested.

Sewing

A few years ago my grandma gave me a sewing machine. I’ve always known how to use it but over quarantine I really got a chance to try some new things and do some projects I’m really proud of. 

Hi, I'm Zosha! I'm a senior and I'm also the Senior Editor of the DePauw HerCampus Chapter. I'm an English Writing Major and Psychology Minor. In addition to HerCampus, I am also a Bonner School, Fiction Editor for the Midwestern Review, and a member of Alpha Chi Omega. My obsessions are otters, The Office, and flowers.
Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.