The Lalasmiling Girl In Mickey Mouse Ears
Her Campus Media

What Your Favorite Disney World Land Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Okay, admit it, we all have a favorite land. That one we always rush straight to or save for last (since it’s the best) when we visit Magic Kingdom. But what does your favorite land say about you and your personality?

Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle amid a nighttime fireworks show
Pixabay

Main Street USA

You’re satisfied by the simple joys of life. Nothing is too tiny to matter, nothing too slow-paced to be fun. You enjoy watching the world go by and having the best seat in the house to see it. Your calm demeanor is what your friends love about you. Nothing phases you or catches you off-guard. Or at least, you don’t show it. You’ve learned most problems can be solved with a deep breath and a clear mind. That nothing is too big for you to overcome as long as you take the time to think through a sound solution. Just like Walt, you’ve carved out a happy place for yourself in the world and all are welcome.

Tomorrowland

No matter how you feel about the future, it’s at the forefront of your mind. You’re always wondering what’s next and what you can do to make your dreams come true. You’re planning the steps to build your future and aren’t leaving out any elements. Highly organized and strong at planning, you keep your schedule busy to make sure you’re completing the steps you need to accomplish your goals. However, you also understand that heavy planning can be burdensome on your mind and body, so you always remember to fit in a few breaks here and there (or at least you try to). You aren’t afraid to chase your dreams because you know that just beyond that horizon, there’s a great big beautiful tomorrow waiting for you to seize the day.

Fantasyland

You like to look on the brighter side of life and prefer a “glass half full” approach. The world is full of people you want to meet and things you want to do, so you don’t let the bad stuff get you down. Your friends all love you for your happy and loving nature and you make sure to always show them how much you care. You try your hardest to keep everyone happy, but sometimes this means letting your own happiness fall to the wayside. Make sure to take care of yourself and don’t forget your needs so your love for everyone and everything else can shine at its brightest. After all, it’s only a world of laughter if you’re laughing too.

New Fantasyland

Out with the old and in with the new. You’re always looking for the next big thing and figuring out what’s going to be hot before anyone else does. You’re an innovator, a visionary, and you aren’t afraid to show it. You take risks, jumping out on a limb for that next big trend, fashion statement, or TV show. And when your friends ask if you’ve heard about something? Seen it. You’re already on to what’s next. You aren’t afraid to guess wrong because it’s the adventure of discovery that you love. You’ll wear mismatched outfits or try a new food that ends up tasting horrible, and you won’t regret it. You’d never regret it because messing up is half the fun.

Frontierland

You’re just here for a good time, whether that’s an exciting adventure or a calm night in. What you want differs from day to day based on what you feel. And if going your own path means going alone, you aren’t afraid to do so. You love your friends, but sometimes you need a solo adventure – even if that’s just a night in with Netflix. You are unapologetically independent. No one tells you what to do or when to do it. You aren’t just taking the road less traveled, you’re creating your own path. And no matter which direction you take, you know there’s always plenty of sunshine headed your way.

Liberty Square

You appreciate the quaint niceties of a past generation. Keeping up with the latest trends has never interested you. You prefer reliable solutions that have stood the test of time and letting everyone else work out the kinks for you before trying something out yourself. Honestly, it’s just practical. Why waste time on something that might not work? Your friends love you for your reliability and honest nature. No matter what they go through, you’re always there, ready to be a helping hand. You aren’t afraid to tell them how it is. It may not always be what they want to hear but it’s what they need. With time-tested advice, you’ll help them work through their problems.

Adventureland

You aren’t afraid to get your toes wet with the possibility of a new adventure. Whether it’s a restaurant you’ve never heard of, a trip to a place you’ve never been, or something so new you can’t even imagine it, you’re ready to dive straight in. You take charge of situations and aren’t afraid to speak your mind, making sure your voice gets heard. Leading comes naturally to you, and your friends all look up to you for advice, plans, and what you’re all going to do this weekend. You push yourself as far as you can go, test your limits, and in the end, enable yourself to go further over and over again. 

Disney World's Walt and Mickey Statue
Pixabay

Margaret is a Marketing student in her final year at DePaul University. In her spare time, she enjoys writing, volunteering, attending live theatre performances, and training for races.