Girl On Rooftop Nyc
Girl On Rooftop Nyc
Anna Thetard / Her Campus

Valentine’s Day as Told by Sex and the City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

We’re fast approaching the one holiday that all perpetually single people dread: Valentine’s Day. 

If you’re like me and will be without a boo on February 14, don’t worry! Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, Charlotte, and I got you covered! Keep reading for some tips on how to celebrate Valentine’s Day as a single, fabulous woman!

First and foremost… KNOW. YOUR. WORTH.

With all the mushy, lovey-dovey crap that surrounds Valentine’s Day, it can be easy to feel a little left out. But please remember that it’s just a hallmark holiday and, in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing. So if you do happen to be in a relationship when February 14 rolls around, that’s great. But if not, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you! Never let your relationship (or lack thereof) define you.

Now that that’s established, it’s time to treat yourself!

Carrie gave a great suggestion, but you can pretty much do this however you want–whether that means taking yourself out for a shopping spree or putting on a face mask and watching The Office all night.

But since V-Day falls on a Friday this year, it will be the perfect opportunity to get glammed up and go out with your girls!

Sometimes a girls night out is all you need to have a good time.

Or it’s perfectly fine to reserve the evening for some “me time.”

Another option that I fully support.

But whatever you do, do NOT text your ex.

Trust me, you WILL regret it.

And don’t respond to that guy that only hits you up at 3am asking “wyd?”

Ugh.

Try not to dwell on your lack of a significant other.

Speaking from my own experience, it gets exhausting. 

In fact, we should be celebrating our single-ness.

You heard the woman! Samantha knows best.

Because at the end of the day, what are we really missing out on? Really?

So there you have it. Pretty much, the moral of the story here is to have fun and do whatever makes you happy. Take this day as an excuse to pamper yourself and live your best life. You deserve it!