travel airplane sky sunset
travel airplane sky sunset
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

A Valentine’s Day Playlist for Girls With a Thing for Pilots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Hey ladies! It’s me Alex, super excited for my first Valentine’s Day article, and I will preface this post by saying, when one of my favorite Youtubers, and fellow nerd Laura Legends has once said in her sketch “Yeah I have a thing for pilots, you know I like grew up watching Top Gun and stuff, so you know…” I definitely see what she is saying! 

I hope to cheer you ladies up for Valentines Day, or at least make staying independent, nerdy, and single a little better than it already is!

Listen to this playlist that will have you closing your eyes, and imagining that you are on the best flight of your life with any of the most handsome pilots to ever grace the big screen: Poe Dameron, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, and Han Solo. 

It can even be customized to your liking for any occasion whether it’s a road trip, or just hanging out with your friends. Either way, and without further ado, I hope you all enjoy an awesome mix of these throwbacks for Valentine’s Day, and any other day! 

1. A Little Less Conversation- Elvis Presley 

2. Route 66- The Rolling Stones

3. Bad To The Bone- George Thorogood and The Destroyers

4. Back In The Saddle- Aerosmith

5. Danger Zone- Kenny Loggins

6. Shoot To Thrill- AC/DC

7. Let’s Groove- Earth, Wind, and Fire

8. Johnny B. Goode- Chuck Berry

9. All The Small Things- Blink-182

10. Welcome to Paradise- Green Day

11. Route 66- The Rolling Stones

12. Crazy Train- Ozzy Osbourne 

13. I Don’t Care- Fall Out Boy

14. I Write Sins Not Tragedies- Panic At The Disco

15. Drive- Incubus 

16. Lights Come On- Jason Aldean

17. Small Town Throwdown-  Brantley Gilbert, Justin Moore, Thomas Rhett 

18. Shoot To Thrill- Halestorm 

19. Bad Reputation- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts 

20. Carry On My Wayward Son- Kansas

21. Everything Is Alright- Motion City Soundtrack

22. Sweetness- Jimmy Eat World

23. Ocean Avenue- Yellowcard

24. Learn To Fly- Foo Fighters

25. Can’t Stop Won’t Stop- Red Hot Chili Peppers

26. Misery- Maroon 5

27.  Love In A College Town-Luke Bryan

28. House Party- Sam Hunt

29. Show Me How To Live- Audioslave

30. Vegas- All Time Low 

Hello everyone,I am Alex Acain, and a senior at DePaul. I am Chicago born, and raised. I am double-majoring in Journalism, and Sports Communication, and minoring in Photography. Whenever I have the spare time, and depending on the season, I always like to either watch, or listen to, Bears, Blackhawks, and Cubs games while cheering for them of course. I also like to ; watch movies, listen to music, make different tea and coffee drinks, other simple recipes, and cosplay every once in a while as I am also a big pop culture fan. Finally, since I think the West Coast is the best coast, one of my favorite places to travel to is Southern California to see my family and for the, food scene, beaches and places like Universal Studios and Disneyland.