Health

Top 5 Running Songs to Listen to on Your Next Run

If you are looking for new music to add to your workout playlist, you’ve come to the right place! This is a list of empowering songs to motivate you during your next run!

1.  “When I Grow Up” by The Pussycat Dolls

This is an older song, but a great song to listen to while running. It’s very upbeat and reminds me of the early 2000s. This song pushes me to run another lap! 

2.  “Rise” by Katy Perry

A great song to listen to towards the end of the run to get yourself pumped. This song will keep you motivated and will definitely help you run faster!

3.  “When It Rains It Pours” by Luke Combs

A lot of people don’t like country music, but this is honestly a great song to listen to while running. This song is a great reminder that the best is yet to come!

4. “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor

This isn’t just a great song to run to, but it’s also a great way to remind yourself that you are amazing! 

5. “Cooler Than Me” by Mike Posner

Another throwback song, but a great middle-of-the-run song to listen to. This song will make you feel like you’re in middle school again!

I hope you’ll listen to these songs during your next run. Keep up the hard work, you’ve got this!

Samantha Carbajal is majoring in Business Management at DePaul University. For fun, she likes to play with her dog and meet new people.