Ten Reasons Why theSkimm is Bae

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

1. Ain’t nobody got time to keep up with every single news story being reported. Especially when we’re too busy procrastinating studying for finals.

2. It’s a morning ritual you look forward tom and you basically go insane when you don’t wake up with theSkimm in your inbox.

3. Watching the news channel is great and all (no it isn’t), but you can’t carry around your morning news show without murdering your data limit. theSkimm is super portable as long as you have access to your email. 

4. There isn’t any bull-pucky. No extra spam emails, no advertisements popping up in the middle of your Skimm – just a focused email to keep you on top of things.

5. You don’t sound like an uneducated and irrelevant dummy when someone talks about the news because you know everything. EVERYTHING!

6. If you’re out and about people may think you’re smiling at a cute text from your boyfriend when in reality you’re smiling at a quirky comment the Skimmers slipped into your news. In a relationship with: theSkimm

7. Awesome chances to enter into contests you probably won’t ever win (until one day you do and then your life changes for the better) that are actually cool. Recent examples: Ski trip to Whistler, 25% off Lyft rides, four days in Aruba.

8. Virtual bandwagon: hop on it now y’all, because theSkimm just keeps getting bigger and better. Never again experience FOMO on your daily dose of necessary news. #theSkimm4lyfe

9. These two ladies bonded over fried-artichokes and went on to create this brainchild together that is helping make news more relevant. They’re up there with J.K. Rowling as lady-role-models who make their dreams come true. They set their minds to something and executed it extraordinarily. Strong and driven woman appreciation post. 

10. Wine and book recommendations are given at the end of every week because, let’s be real, that’s the perfect way to enjoy your weekend.

Click here to make your mornings more awesome: http://www.theskimm.com/?r=751e794a