Sounds Good To Me! 5SOS “Sounds Good Feels Good” Album Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Rejoice, fellow fangirls! Michael, Luke, Ashton, and Calum have done it again! 5 Seconds of Summer (or as super-fans call them “5SOS”) just hit number one with their second album Sounds Good Feels Good. The Australian band skyrocketed to stardom after opening up for One Direction on their previous summer tours. Not only do they each play an instrument and sing, they also write their own tunes! They have quite the social media following, so if you haven’t heard of them yet, you will soon!

Leaving their pop heavy sounds behind, 5SOS proves they can deliver a punk rock sound with tracks like “She’s Kinda Hot” and “Permanent Vacation.” Not only have 5SOS shown maturity in their sound, their lyrics clearly reflect their personal struggles as twenty something’s on the road. Besides giving off major feels with the emotional anti-suicide anthem “Carry On,” the guys also deliver fun songs that include “Money” and “Hey Everybody!” which are sure to be a hit on their 2016 summer tour.

Check out my personal favs off the album: Catch Fire and Jet Black Heart. Happy listening! 

Kayla is my name, and I'm an avid fangirl of many things, which is probably not acceptable at 23. I love brownies, ice cream, and brownies in ice cream. I also enjoy the fry of the week at the STU. Oh yea, and I study communication and media. DePaul University '17