samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Some Final Thoughts on Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

This quarter can kiss my a**. I took my first economics class, got a job, added a minor, and obviously got very little sleep. It was difficult, but I survived, and that really taught me a lot.

Made especially difficult by a polar vortex that isolated all of Chicago, this winter quarter made me feel especially lonely. The only things my days consisted of was getting from class to home as quickly as possible to avoid frostbite, and then sitting in my apartment watching a gloomy sky. Even though I’ve lived in the midwest my entire life, I had never really understood Seasonal Affective Disorder until this quarter, and to anyone who struggles with it: Sis, I am so sorry.

Class just felt like a lot this quarter. It felt like I had twice as many papers due with maybe half the motivation. Group projects, papers, and tests chewed me up and spit me out. If you ever find yourself wondering what the difference is between high school and college, it’s MAJOR stress. Stress is the difference.

I do have to admit, there was a lot of good. Like finding a passion for journalism and adding it as a minor, getting a job, spending time with my friends and family. I made the trip home more often, and it honestly kept me more grounded. I felt a lot of love and support from my sorority sisters even when I didn’t know I needed it.

I am extremely blessed for the opportunities I have had here at school and for the support I have at home. So I am thankful for the things and reasons that made me stressed, but even more thankful that they are almost over.

be the voice.