sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Sips Tea & It’s Unsweet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Not to spill any tea but… coffee is overrated. Yes, I said it. It’s bitter and needs mountains of sugar and cream to make it drinkable. I’m not a fan (if you couldn’t tell). I know I am not the only one out there, so for all you tea sippers, take a big gulp because I got the hookup. Here’s a guide for the type of tea to try for every zodiac, because apparently, your sign means something??? Anyways… I work at Argo Tea so I’m kind of a big deal. I’m a tea expert, so you know this guide is legit. Okay, the water is boiling. Let’s go.

Aries – Hazelnut Chai

Dynamic, passionate, trailblazer. That’s the Aries, so you need this spicy, nutty take on the classic chai for a little boost (not that you need it).

Libra – Matcha

Libras are intelligent, kind, artistic, and harmonious, just like the sophisticated matcha. Enjoy this smooth and creamy green tea in its classic, unsweetened flavor, or go for something a little more interesting like mint matcha or maple matcha.

Scorpio –  Chocolate Chili Chai

Passionate, stubborn, and independent Scorpios are the perfect people to enjoy this spicy kick on a fall favorite. This chocolate chili chai (say that 5x fast) refuses to fall in line with those borning chai’s, just like you.

Taurus – Mint Tea

Every Taurus knows that honesty is the best policy – what you see is what you get. The same can be said for mint tea. You’ll smell its strong scent long before you taste its refreshing flavor. No surprises with this one.

Sagittarius – Pu’erh

Taking the road less traveled is not just a poem, it’s a way of life for a Sagittarius. There’s no fun in being like everyone else, so why would you drink the same tea? Try the dark and velvety pu’erh tea so that you are never caught drinking average tea.

Capricorn – Chamomile

Capricorns are in control, always. Order and structure is the name of the game. So here’s a soft, herbal tea to help you relax and calm down, because… *sips tea* you need it.

Gemini – Strawberry Pepper

Gemini’s need something that is sweet and spicy – 2 sides of the same coin – just like them. This flavorful black tea will intrigue their curious and expressive side.

Aquarius – Genmaicha

The imaginative and original Aquarius needs something fun and unique. Like, perhaps, popcorn in their tea??? Yes, you heard right, popcorn. Genmaicha is a classic Japanese green tea drunk by those who couldn’t afford very many tea leaves, so they added in popcorn and puffed rice. It’s sweet and toasty, perfect for fall.

Pisces – Earl Grey

Earl Grey is the perfect tea for the understanding, affectionate and gentle Pisces. The sweet vanilla and calming lavender makes this black tea an unexpectedly soothing choice.

Cancer – Turmeric Tea

This healing, powerful, and spicy tea is a perfect match for the emotional and intuitive cancer. Turmeric is great for a healthy glow and healing your body of inflammation. Give it a try!

Leo – Gunpowder

The smoky and bold flavor of this green tea could also easily describe any Leo in your life. Confident and dominant Leos (like yours truly) will love the punch of powerful flavor in this tea.

Virgo – English Breakfast

The smart, kind and analytical Virgos need something tasty and dependable to start their early morning off right. It’s warm and bright, and perfect with a bit of milk and sugar. Spot of tea anyone?

Well.. this has been fun. Glad we could have this chat. If you disagree with any of my choices… well, that’s your problem I guess! I’m a tea expert, not a zodiac expert… k, bye!

Bailley is a PR & Advertising major from the great state of Minnesota and will remind you every chance she gets. She is a self-proclaimed doughnut enthusiast, an avid reader, and a fan of witty comedy. You can catch Bailley caffeinating the world as a barista or desperately applying for copywriting internships.