This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

The fall season is upon us! So, many autumn adventurers are on their way to pumpkin patches, apple-picking orchards, and other spooky adventures. This past weekend, I was able to spend my Sunday at the popular Jack’s Pumpkin Patch Pop-up! This fall-only event (limited engagement) has cute props and decorations for creators and photographers to pose and have fun with in their pictures. Overall, I enjoyed my experience with my friends and also got some cute pictures for social media! To be able to go to this event, buy a ticket either online or at the door (prices vary). 

Image

The atmosphere of Jack’s Pumpkin Patch is fun and fall with plenty of photo ops. This is definitely the place for photogenic people who love creative pictures! Jack’s has many detailed props and exhibitions, such as a corn maze with a decorated photo op spot in every other corner, a hay bench, tons of pumpkins, bundles of flowers, and lights that would add that hint of creativity in those pictures of yours! My friends and I saw a white carriage beautifully decorated with flowers and lights and shaped as a pumpkin to create a Halloween/Cinderella themed carriage. The cute carriage was even big enough to take pictures in! 

Image

If you’re of age, there are alcoholic drinks that range from wine to beer. There’s also yummy hot chocolate, apple cider drinks and much more! I, myself, got a hot chocolate that day to bring some warmth back to my hands when they were starting to feel the effects of the cold air. Along with yummy beverages, Jack’s has a few food trucks around the area, such as tacos, corn in a cup, tamales, and bbq (ranging from $3-7. 

Odalys Diaz

DePaul '21

I am a full time student fascinated by the world of makeup, hair, and many books! My love for nature has me outside just enjoying the air or taking walks to different destinations.