This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

What’s your favorite color? The most popular answer to this question is blue, of course. Most of us are quick to say blue because blue brings several positive connotations and is a dynamic color. Blue reminds us of clean water and clear skies. Blue is associated with open spaces that represent freedom, imagination, and intuition. Even our flag has the color blue incorporated into our flag, which once again shows how blue is associated with freedom. On a more personal level, the color blue has positive effects on the mind and the body. This color invokes rest and can cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming and exude feelings of tranquility. Not only that, but the color blue has been known to represent loyalty, wisdom, faith, intelligence, and confidence, all of which are highly valued characteristics in our society.  For example, the color blue comes also comes to present confidence. This is where the corporate blue power suit and the blue uniforms of police officers and firefighter came from.

Positive keywords:

loyalty, trust,  integrity, responsibility, caring, idealistic and orderly, authority, peaceful and calm.

The personality of the color blue:

You are conservative, reliable and trustworthy.  Many people are able to trust in you because you are loyal. You are genuine and sincere, and you take your responsibilities seriously. You need to have direction along with an order in your living and work spaces,  unpredictability overwhelms you.

Blue Represents:

• Wisdom

• Honesty

• Peace and calm

• Authority

• Religion

Hello! My name is Lizbeth Servin a current sophomore studying political science. On my free time, I enjoy watching the Netflix shows, traveling and dancing.