An Oscar-Worthy Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

It’s the best season of the year: Oscar season! The best movies are out in theatres, your favorite actors are all dolled up, and one night determines which films and stars are worthy of the coveted Academy Awards.

I get chills just thinking about it.

So how can you bring that glamour into your home next Sunday? Simple: host an Oscars party! Tell all your friends to get dressed up and come over to watch the Oscars. You don’t have to prepare a whole lot to have a classy party!

The Oscars’ website has ballots and bingo so you can remember your predictions and keep busy during the lengthy ceremony. Offer a swag bag or trophy to your party guests who predicted the most (or least) wins, who wins Oscar Bingo and whoever saw the most Best Picture nominees to encourage a little friendly competition! 

A glamorous party also calls for fabulous food and drink. You can buy champagne flutes in bulk at the dollar store or Party City, and they’re the easiest way to make your party feel instantly more elegant. Honestly, they could just have water in them and I’d feel sophisticated! Set up a few stations around your apartment with small snacks and appetizers, or if you’re feeling ambitious, head on over to Pinterest where you can find creative Oscar-inspired recipes, such as star-shaped tortilla chips or hot dogs in tuxedos.

Also make sure that you have gold anything. Napkins or plates. Spray paint the bottom of your champagne flutes. Macaroni and cheese. Anything to accent the color of the biggest night in Hollywood will do! 

So get planning, collegietes; the big day will be here sooner than you know it! Everyone who’s anyone will be tuning in to watch, so why not make a party out of it?
Tori Meschino is a lot of things with a lot of majors. She's a macaroni and cheese lover, a sorority woman, obsessed with Michael J. Fox, a binge-watcher, an editor-in-chief, the HerCDM president, a woman in tech, and a writer. She majors in Interactive and Social Media and Media and Cinema Studies, and minors in General Psychology (and a minor in Never Graduating). So basically she's everywhere. Oh, and she's one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus DePaul!
Ellyse is the Founding President and Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul University branch of Her Campus. She is currently a senior studying Public Relations and Advertising. Ellyse is originally from the Chicago suburbs and loves spending her college career enjoying all that the city has to offer. In addition to Her Campus, Ellyse is also a member of Delta Gamma. She hopes to one day work in either public relations or event planning and to one day own her own business. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, spending time with friends, catching up on blogs, quoting movies like it’s her job, pinning for hours and working out.