This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Say hello to: Max McNutt

Hometown: Dallas, Texas

Year: Sophomore

DePaul involvement: President of Delta Sigma Pi

Why did you join Delta Sigma Pi? I signed up the first quarter of my freshman year. I knew I wanted to join a business club and be with like-minded people. I was at the involvement fair looking for a club and I stumbled upon Delta Sigma Pi, and really liked that it was a co-ed fraternity for business majors. I followed up with the meet the chapter and its been great ever since.

Favorite memory of Delta Sigma Pi so far? One time, during pledging my pledge class and I went to navy pier for our brotherhood hangout. We planned on going to a haunted house, but instead went to the Bubble Gum Shrimp Factory. After our random trip there, we went to the round-about for taxi’s to try to get back to DePaul We end up with a limo scouting for customers and it ended up being cheaper to take the limo, so we took a limo from Navy Pier to Lincoln Park. It was awesome.

What is HYPE? HYPE is Hip Hop for Hope, Delta Sigma Pi’s annual Hip Hop Dance Competition. Dance crews from around the Chicago area are recruited. It’s really cool seeing all the different dance groups that come out. Like, one crew is a group of 8-year-old girls, and another group is made up of young 20 year olds trying to get a foothold into their profession. All profits benefit the charity of choice that year. 2015 is benefitting Shriner’s Hospital for Children.

What’s your favorite memory from last year?

Last year, the dance group with all the little girls won. It was awesome seeing them get to win.

What’s your favorite overall part about HYPE?

When the actual event gets started – the lights get low, the music comes on, and the entertainment begins. Getting to see all the hard work you put in with your group and watching the awesome talents of the dancers is really exciting.

Here is the link where you can purchase tickets. If you cannot make it out to the show but want to donate to Shriner’s Hospital for Children, that is also an option on the page.

https://www.memberplanet.com/events/hype/hype#.VVgdEMZbTlI

Michelle is a third year Secondary Education English student at DePaul University that enjoys sarcasm, laughing at cats on the internet, and forgetting to wear her glasses to class.