timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I’m Not Thrilled With Billie Eilish’s Album…Fight Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Let me just begin by saying, I am in no way educated in music criticism – this is just my unasked for opinion. Deal with it!

I fell in love with Billie Eilish’s music with her album don’t smile at me, which I still listen to weekly. I was so excited to learn that she was coming out with another album WHEN WE FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? I saw all of the hype on Twitter and was excited to listen to it. I waited until I was on my flight back from home, and listened to the album. The first listen through I could only say…I was disappointed.

Photo Courtesy of Gif

I thought it was just the first listen through that I could not get into the music, so I listened several more times. I still cannot get into the album. There are two songs that I like, 8, and Wish You Were Gay. However, in her previous album, I enjoyed every single song and loved the lyrics. This album felt like there was an emphasis on the music rather than on her voice. The least I can say is that I was influenced too much by the hype surrounding her album. Though, I still love Billie.

Photo Courtesy of Billboard

Hi! My name Georgia Coriell and I am sophomore at DePaul. I am studying Communication and Media with a minor in Television Production. In my free time, I enjoy watching Netflix, listening to music, writing, and taking photos.