If One Direction Lived in Chicago Neighborhoods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

What neighborhood would One Direction bless with their presence if they lived in Chicago? I know I’m not the only one who’s asked herself this question. It popped into my head for about the hundredth time during my news editing class when my professor admitted to being a Harry Styles fan. “He reminds me of a young Mick Jaggar,” she said. I instantly fangirled inside, but kept my cool on the outside. Thanks to my professor, I’ve been inspired to write the following article on a subject I love with all my heart: One Direction. Enjoy!

Louis: Lincoln Park

This nifty neighborhood is home to many of us living on campus, and for some reason I can picture it as Louis’ home too. I can see it now, Louis out every Thirsty Thusday tearing up the local bars, having a pizza rendezvous over at Toppers with his buddies. Maybe the reason why Louis would be a good fit is because he seemed so happy when he paid the DePaul hood a visit last winter with his girlfriend Danielle Campbell. If Louis were a student at DPU, you’d probably find him standing outside of Arts and Letters with a cig dangling from his lips..

Niall: Wrigleyville

Next up is our favorite Irish lad, the wonderful Niall Horan. We know he loves to drink, play guitar, and drink. (Yes, I’m aware I said drink twice). Niall loves sports and drinking so much, that I bet he’d live in Wrigleyville if he’d ever consider calling Chicago his home. A free, lively spirit deserves to live in a free, vibrant area enjoying a pint or five over at Murphy’s Pub. Expect to see Niall at just about every home baseball game with a beer in one hand and a Chicago dog in the other.

Liam: Roscoe Village

Although I’ve never been to Roscoe Village myself, what I’ve read and heard about the area sounds like something Liam would totally dig. Laid-back taverns and cool cafes make up the neighborhood, giving the slightly mischievous boybander plenty to enjoy. With his smooth moves and equally as smooth voice, Liam would be free to explore his musical and creative talents at Chicago Music Exchange. Maybe he’ll invite Niall over for a guitar sesh and a pint?

Harry: Wicker Park

Hipster Styles, aka Harry Styles, needs to take his black skinny jeans over to Wicker Park. This neighborhood is the perfect residence for the tattooed lad to tap into his creative side and attend countless art galleries. Harry would fall in love with the vintage shops and instant indie vibes. We all know how much he loves fashion, so being a resident of the trendy Wicker Park would give him a chance to constantly flash those sparkly boots and fedora hat while he sifts through records. C’mon, Harry, what are you waiting for? We’ve got plenty of coffee, thrift stores, and Whole Foods Markets for ya!

Kayla is my name, and I'm an avid fangirl of many things, which is probably not acceptable at 23. I love brownies, ice cream, and brownies in ice cream. I also enjoy the fry of the week at the STU. Oh yea, and I study communication and media. DePaul University '17