I Admit, Gilmore Girls is the Best Fall Netflix Binge Series

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

So, you’ve reached that point where it’s time to find a new Netflix binge series and one that’s perfect for that cozy fall mood—I gotcha covered. I stumbled upon Gilmore Girls when I was trying to find Gossip Girl and was far more pleased with what I found. 

Who doesn’t love a good story book, small Connecticut town filled with teen drama, family dysfunction, and friendship? All while caffeinated at the famous Luke’s Diner, Lorelai and Rory Gilmore are my dynamic pick for this fall’s Netflix series watchlist. Here’s why: 

The Gilmore Girls are a Mother-Daughter Power Couple

Image

Nothing like Lorelai and Rory’s late night runs to Taylor’s for chocolate and more chocolate! 

Luke and Lorelai’s “Friendship” is Blossoming

Image

The suspense of Lorelai and Luke’s relationship has you wanting more out of this possibly dramatic, most cynical duo, and seems-to-be-already-married couple. 

It Just Makes You Feel Cozy

Image

Picture this: comfy couch, blankets, Chinese food, and Casablanca. All the ingredients of cozy. 

It’s Hilarious

Image

Oh, Paris. We love you and your aggressive sarcasm. 

You Will Find More Appreciation For Coffee (Even if You Already Have)

Image

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee. Need I say more?   

It Gets F#$&’in Real

Image

There’s nothing like a mother-daughter reality check when all is good turns into all is real and not fair. We love these deep, life moments!

So, have I swayed you yet? Gilmore Girls is the perfect series for this cozy time of year. What’s your go-to binge series?

Natalie is currently a junior studying Public Relations and Advertising with a minor in Spanish and Event Planning. She is an avid beauty, interiors, and lifestyle enthusiast. When she's not doing yoga or obsessing over her golden retriever pup, you'll find her writing in the SAC, library, at the Stu, and basically, anywhere she can get good wifi connection at DePaul.