This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Los Angeles has been known to be the hub of the celebrity world, with several actors and musicians starting out their careers and making it big in Hollywood. You might be surprised, however, to learn about which celebrities were eating in the Student Center and working out at the Ray just like you before they became household names. 

• Judy Greer’s name may not stand out in your head but her role as Barb in Playing for Keeps, Linda in Jeff, Who Lives at Home, Cindy in Love and Other Drugs, Lucy Wyman in 13 Going on 30 and Erin the file girl in What Women Want as well as her various spots in TV shows and other movies make her a well known face in the film and television world. 
  • You may remember a little TV movie called High School Musical, which starred Monique Coleman as Taylor McKessie. Coleman graduated in the class of 2002 at DePaul, and after High School Musical she earned 4th place on Dancing with the Stars.
  • Those who love comedy and drama may recognize John C. Reilly for his roles in Step Brothers alongside Will Ferrell, as well as Talladega Nights. He has also been up for Emmys for his roles in Chicago and Gangs of New York
  • Elizabeth Perkins graduated in 1981 and went on to become the voice of Nemo’s mother in Finding Nemo. She kissed Tom Hanks in Big, played Celia Hodes in Weeds, and is now starring in the comedy TV show How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) as Elaine Green.
  • Even though Pete Wentz never technically graduated DePaul (he was one quarter shy of doing so), he has gone on to be a part of a double platinum group Fall Out Boy.
  • Walter Parazaider, James Pankow, and Lee Loughnane are all a part of the band Chicago. These three members attended DePaul and went on to tour with The Beach Boys and Earth, Wind, & Fire.
Ellyse is the Founding President and Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul University branch of Her Campus. She is currently a senior studying Public Relations and Advertising. Ellyse is originally from the Chicago suburbs and loves spending her college career enjoying all that the city has to offer. In addition to Her Campus, Ellyse is also a member of Delta Gamma. She hopes to one day work in either public relations or event planning and to one day own her own business. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, spending time with friends, catching up on blogs, quoting movies like it’s her job, pinning for hours and working out.