Expectations Vs. Realities of Week One As Told By ANTM

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Welcome back!  It is now the last “Week One” of the year for DePaul kids.  Due to our divergent quarter system, it seems as though Spring Quarter gives us a second chance to create some New Year’s resolutions.  As much as we’d like to break our old habits and finish the school year strong, sometimes, it is just too easy to revert to our old ways of procrastination and Netflix marathons.  To pay homage to the current series I’m binging, here are some expectations vs. realities of Week One, as told by America’s Next Top Model.

Classes should start off slow and easy, right?

Expectation:

Reality:

Um, why am I being assigned 5 readings all due tomorrow?  Excuse me, but I just took a week long break and need some time to adjust.  

Your healthy lifestyle goals.  

Expectation:

Tyra is arm-goals.  

Reality:

Social Life:

Expectation:

Reality:

Going out to eat costs money and requires effort to look presentable…no thanks.  

Homework:

Expectation:

I’m totally going to get all my work done ahead of time this quarter, no procrastinating!

Reality:

Okay, I am fully crying in the library trying to start a paper the night it is due.  

While this last quarter may be especially tough, don’t stress about it too much, because you’re only this much closer to peacin’ out for Summer Break!  

Grace Jacques is a PR & Advertising Major at DePaul University.  When not writing for Her Campus, you can find her fundraising for Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital, marching in Grant Park, or enjoying The Frenchie at Cheesie's Pub and Grub.