Celina Timmerman-Girl Taking Selfie
Celina Timmerman-Girl Taking Selfie
Celina Timmerman / Her Campus

Everything Wrong with Leos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

The song “You’re so Vain,” is the leo anthem. 

1. Everything is Their Business

Molly Peach-Binoculars
Molly Peach / Her Campus

Leos have never heard of “letting things go.” They must be in the know about everything, relevant to them or not. Leos are some of the best sleuths out there. If you want to know if your ex has a new girlfriend, hire a leo to find out.

This trait gets in the way if you don’t want to share any aspect of your life with them. You want a leo as a best friend, but as an acquaintance, they’re nosy. You mention that you’re having roommate issues and a leo two floors down will come running up to you asking: “what’s the issue?” “but what does she do that’s annoying?” “when?” “with what?” “who else was there?”

Dear god, leo! Sometimes you don’t need the details of a situation that has never, nor will ever, concern you.

If you have a leo parents or a leo significant other, I’m so sorry. You must deal with daily phone calls of them asking why you posted a photo with Jacob and who Jacob is and how you met and why he lives with his parents and if he’s going to pick a major soon. It’s not even jealousy, just a need for gossip.

2. If the Conversation Isn’t About Them… It’s About to be

Do you have that one guy in your class who speaks in between every person without raising his hand to say something like, “actually, pain can be overcome through will power. When I cut my arm while hiking in Spain-” Shut up!

Ask him when he was born, because it’s definitely between July 23 and August 22nd.

Leos are the worst listeners. You could be in the middle of talking about how stressed you are but when a leo decides they’re bored prepared to be interrupted with a sentence that starts with “I.”

3. They Can’t Handle Criticism

Every leo reading this article is about to explode with anger that someone has the audacity to insult them.

Come on, you know you love attention regardless of what form it comes in. You saw “leo” in the title and clicked immediately without any further information.

Be more like Sagittarius, don’t take everything person and move on every once in a while.

Paige is a graduate of DePaul University with a degree in creative writing. Her parents were /this/ close to naming her Hermione but wasn't sure if the name would fit her. They regret this decision more everyday.