This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

An important reminder to be emphasized and stressed: 

Some are posting on social media.

Some are protesting on the streets.

Some are donating silently.

Some are educating themselves.

Some are having tough conversations with friends and family.

A revolution has many lanes– Be kind to yourself and to others who are traveling in the same direction. Just keep your foot on the gas. 

black lives matter sign
Photo by Clay Banks from Unsplash

The following is a list of essential podcasts led by the voices of passionate and powerful Black men and women that cover education, politics, social media and the many lanes of a revolution. These podcasts cover a variety of topics, from sports coverage to increasing and promoting diversity in higher education. 

I highly encourage everyone to share the following podcasts with friends and family. Talk about anything and everything – whether it’s a funny story you heard, a dialogue about a particular topic you’d like to start, venting your frustrations about the pandemic and protests happening, or any topics discussed in those podcasts. Remember that your friends at Her Campus are always here for you, and will stand with you, always. 

Without further ado, here are five essential podcasts that will give you a breather, whether you’re taking your car for a joy ride or just want to relax at home: 

Black Girls Talk Sports, hosted by Rekaya Gibson
Good Ancestor, hosted by Layla Saad
Gurls Talk, hosted by Adwoah Aboah
Shine Brighter Together, hosted by Monique Melton 
Higher Learning, hosted by Van Lathan and Rachel Lindsey 
Hello everyone,I am Alex Acain, and a senior at DePaul. I am Chicago born, and raised. I am double-majoring in Journalism, and Sports Communication, and minoring in Photography. Whenever I have the spare time, and depending on the season, I always like to either watch, or listen to, Bears, Blackhawks, and Cubs games while cheering for them of course. I also like to ; watch movies, listen to music, make different tea and coffee drinks, other simple recipes, and cosplay every once in a while as I am also a big pop culture fan. Finally, since I think the West Coast is the best coast, one of my favorite places to travel to is Southern California to see my family and for the, food scene, beaches and places like Universal Studios and Disneyland.