This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

From Demi Lovato embracing her confidence to Fifth Harmony’s single, Boss, and thousands of women taking on the glass ceiling everyday, the girl boss movement is going strong.  Emma Lenhart is embracing this girlboss mentality and encouraging others to do the same. She is proactive, innovative and creative; and she just recently launched her own brand, Minimalista Media, where she motivates and empowers others to embrace the power within them. In between classes, work, and other activities, Emma made time to answer a few questions about herself and her new brand! Check out her answers and her website, because she is definitely one to watch.

Alright, let’s start with the basics! What year are you at DePaul? What’s your major? Any Minors? What organizations/clubs/activities are you involved in at DePaul or just in general?

I am a freshman at Depaul, in the Communications school studying Public Relations! I’m involved with Cru Depaul, which is a Christian ministry on a campus. I like to workout at the Ray and explore the city.

I see you have your own website/blog, Minimalista Media, what is that all about?

Yes! Minimalista Media is a brand devoted to helping online creatives and girl-bosses grow their own businesses. The Minimalista Media blog is a resource for other people to learn all of my tips. Soon there will be exclusive Minimalista Media courses and workshops, too!

What sparked the creation of Minimalista Media? I’ve really wanted to do something on my own, lately. I have been working for other people for a couple years, and loved doing that. However, it’s smart for me to focus on growing my own empire and brand. I want to be my own boss and CEO!

We love the name by the way, how did you come up with it?

It came pretty easily to me…my friends and family have always called me a minimalist and I wanted a brand that reflected my own personal style.

On your blog, you talk about your internship this past summer at a PR firm in Cleveland, Ohio. What did you do? What was it like working with ‘grown adults’ being a fresh high school graduate?

Interning was one of the best experiences of my life so far. It was super hard and demanding, but I learned SO much, and you really cannot learn like that unless you just dive into it. On a daily basis, I was running around Cleveland with my boss and helping her manage accounts, promote events, host business meetings, and schedule social media posts. I also got to attend a lot of the events, like art shows and fashion collection releases. I feel like I connect a lot more with older people sometimes, so I wasn’t really uncomfortable. I was always treated as an adult and an equal, so that was really refreshing, because I feel like high school makes you feel unimportant and like you are irresponsible and not grown up: which I totally disagree with!

You write that this internship is what sparked your love for social media marketing, PR and the art of being a girl boss! What is your favorite part of social media marketing and PR?

Social media is so vital in business now, and it’s so new that everyone is still just trying to figure it out for themselves! I love creating posts, and getting to interact with people. Public relations is my passion and it really has no limits. When someone tells me they are majoring in PR, I get so excited for them because I really believe it is such a great field. My favorite part of PR is probably the event promoting and hosting aspect. It’s really cool to plan something for months and then see it come to life.

Speaking of the art of being a girl boss (something you seem to have mastered), do you have an quick tips for budding girl bosses?

Find something that you love and go for it. You have the power to make your own life and create your future, which I think people forget a lot of the time. Don’t give up…nothing comes easily. If it did, everyone would be doing it already.

You definitely seem to have a lot going on, how do you balance it all?

It’s hard sometimes. But I’m a pretty big workaholic and I get really excited from working on my projects, so it doesn’t really feel like work to me. I’m a big fan of taking naps.

Now let’s focus on some fast facts:

Favorite movie: The Great Gatsby

Favorite food: Pad Thai

Favorite color: Does black count?

Favorite artist(s)/band(s): Ugh, so many. J. Cole, A$ap Rocky, Kanye, Vic Mensa, Miguel, Drake…really anything hip-hop. But then I have some days where I only listen to Bon Iver and Lana del Rey.

Favorite song at the moment: Ultralight Beams by Kanye West

Favorite quote: “What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” -Erin Hanson

Favorite class thus far at DePaul: Discover Nonviolent Chicago. That class really sparked a passion for other people in me.

Coke or Pepsi? Neither, I can’t stand the taste. Dr. Pepper!

Twitter or Instagram? Instagram.

Night in or Night out? Night in. I’m a huge introvert and need to be away from people sometimes.

Concerts or Movies? Concerts!

Saver or Spender? Both? I’m really responsible with my money but I don’t mind splurging and treating myself every now and again.

Go to clothing piece? Black skinny jeans.

You have a free night, what do you do? I’m either out with my friends in the city, or Facetiming my mom, watching Netflix, and working on the blog.

Guilty pleasure? The Bachelor.

What are you binge watching right now? Broad City. I’ve watched all the episodes so many times, but it’s too good.

Can’t get enough of Emma and Minimalista Media? Check out her website, (http://www.minimalistamedia.com ), like Minimalista Media on facebook and follow her various social media outlets!

Instagram: @emma_lenhart

Twitter: @MinimalistaM and @emma_lenhart

DePaul '19 Journalsim, Public Relations and Advertising major. Diet coke is my favorite & so is eating in general. Watching Scandal, Once Upon a Time & listening to Demi Lovato are my pass times.