Blue Demon Week Superstar Noelle Senior ’17!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Happy Blue Demon Week, collegiettes! Tonight is the Blue Demon Dance but before you go and enjoy a night out with your classmates and friends, check out the girl who made this whole week possible, Noelle Senior!

Name: Noelle Senior

Graduation year: June 2017

Majors and Minor: Double Major in Psychology and English with a Minor in Public Law/Political Thought

Hometown: Huntington, New York

DePaul Involvement:

• DePaul Activities Board- Blue Demon Week Coordinator and Tickets Assisant for FEST

• Alpha Omicron Pi- Activities Chair

• Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity

• DePaul Tour Guide

Her Campus DePaul: How long have you been involved with DAB? What’s your favorite memory from your time with the organization?

Noelle Senior: I joined DAB last Fall, so a little over a year ago! My favorite memory thus far is my first Winter Retreat! It really allowed me to get excited and involved in the organization and make great friendships!

HC: How does it feel to plan one of the biggest events that DePaul puts on?

NS: It’s a little scary to be honest, I put a lot of pressure on myself to make sure I did a good job, but it’s also such a rewarding experience that makes up for that! Knowing that I am responsible for creating such a big part of DePaul life here is an amazing feeling and I will always be so grateful and honored to be apart of such a great week here at DePaul!

HC: What is your dream career and how does your experience with Blue Demon Week and the Dance help you achieve that goal?

NS: Well my career path has changed a lot in last couple of years, as of now I’m pretty dead set on going to law school. I’m interested in family law, specifically adoption! Working on Blue Demon Week has given me a chance to really grow as a leader and really refine my work ethic. It has been a lot of work to juggle school, social life, all of my involvement, and planning the week and I think it has really taught me how to manage my time and keep on top of things! Also, I have always loved event planning and being able to do that has been awesome!

HC: DAB seems like a really special group of highly motivated and get-shit-done Blue Demons. How has the organization helped you become who you are and, more importantly, how have you helped the organization grow into what it is today?

NS: DAB has really provided me with not only great professional, real life skills, but it has also provided me with some amazing friendships! Everyone in DAB from the other coordinators to the Program Assistants are so amazing in what they do. The support we all provide each other is so essential because we all do so much and knowing that there is someone there for you is an amazing feeling. As for my part in the organization, I have been there for everyone as they have for me and I hope that I have made a lasting impact on everyone involved with DAB and Blue Demon Week!

HC: Where can we find you around campus?

NS: Either in Arts and Letters (my favorite building) or the DAB office in OSI!

HC: What do you have planned for after the Dance? Relaxing? Midterms? Planning a huge event in Chicago?

NS: I’m still going to be working with DAB as one of the Tickets Assistants for FEST so I still have quite a bit of work to do! But for right now, I’m actually planning on going home next weekend to relax with my family and just give myself a break from school for a little while.

HC: Any advice for someone who wants to plan big events like this?

NS: Time management is key! having a good handle on your time is extremely important to make sure everything is getting done on time and adhering to deadlines is essential to make sure everyone else can also do what they may need to! Also, be prepared for criticism, not everyone is going to like what you’re doing and it’s ok! DePaul is such a diverse place and everyone has different ideas and viewpoints so of course some people aren’t going to agree with you and that’s ok!

Happy Blue Demon Week!

Tori Meschino is a lot of things with a lot of majors. She's a macaroni and cheese lover, a sorority woman, obsessed with Michael J. Fox, a binge-watcher, an editor-in-chief, the HerCDM president, a woman in tech, and a writer. She majors in Interactive and Social Media and Media and Cinema Studies, and minors in General Psychology (and a minor in Never Graduating). So basically she's everywhere. Oh, and she's one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus DePaul!