roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 7 Best Fall Drinks for Non-Coffee Drinkers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

It’s true that coffee drinkers are always in the spotlight. Coffee, coffee, coffee, and more coffee. Avid coffee drinkers never get a break and are constantly idolized as the superior. Any coffee connoisseur will tell you that not having a cup of coffee could totally ruin their day. What you didn’t know was that there’s a whole group of people who choose not to drink coffee at all and can still survive!

When all you rely upon is coffee to get you through the day, many people wonder how the heck we non-coffee drinkers can even function. Well, there’s a lot more to it than just a caffeine and sugar induced cup o’ joe. For many people, the amount of caffeine and sugar makes us feel even worse and it just doesn’t work. Some people even dislike the taste and flavor of coffee. So here are some non-coffee drinks you need to try out this season:

1. The Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte at Starbucks

Image url

One of the best non-coffee options at Starbucks and really satisfies instead of the classic PSL. Warm pumpkin, nutmeg, and cinnamon make the fall season a bit more cozier.

2. Warm Apple Cider

Image url

A classic warm apple cider or hot apple juice can also satisfy your fall drink needs. Crisp apple is one of the flavors of the season!

3. A Signature Starbucks Hot Chocolate

Image url

You can’t go wrong with a classic hot cocoa. There are so many different kinds ranging from caramel, peppermint, mocha, cinnamon, white chocolate—the list keeps going!

4. Maple Pecan Crème at Starbucks

Image url

One of Starbucks’s secret is that you can practically make any drink without the coffee by substituting the coffee with milk. The Maple Pecan Crème is the perfect blend of maple, brown butter, and brown sugar. Yum!

5. Chamomile Tea

Image url

A classic warm and calming herbal tea to really help you cozy in and settle down on crisp fall nights. Grab a blanket and do a face mask!

6. Matcha Green Tea Lattes

Image url

Matcha green teas are perfect when you desire sweetness along with the benefits of green tea. Green tea is so revitalising and helps rid your body of toxins and all the bad “tea” you need to let go of!

7. Earl Grey Tea

Image url

This is another classic black tea that I love. It has the perfect amount of caffeine to boost your energy without making you feel sluggish during the day.

There are so many more options to drink out there that can have even more health benefits as coffee might seem to. It’s time to break the coffee normality and switch up our drinks a bit! You may even find yourself wanting more than just an iced caramel latte every morning.

Natalie is currently a junior studying Public Relations and Advertising with a minor in Spanish and Event Planning. She is an avid beauty, interiors, and lifestyle enthusiast. When she's not doing yoga or obsessing over her golden retriever pup, you'll find her writing in the SAC, library, at the Stu, and basically, anywhere she can get good wifi connection at DePaul.