This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Cheetah print has been my go to pattern since day 1 (a.k.a.when the Cheetah Girls first premiered).  Since then, cheetah has seen me through all of my phases, whether it was my gaudy cheetah hat to my slap on cheetah bracelet. Over the years, I have learned the do’s and don’ts to rocking cheetah print.

Don’t:

• Wear too many pieces of Cheetah print at once.

• Wear mismatching prints.

• Mix with too many other patterns.

Do:

• Add a pop of cheetah when your outfit feels boring or is composed of only one or two colors.

• Step out of your comfort zone.

• Collect unique pieces to had a pop of cheetah to your outfit.

Now that you know the basics, here are 5 ways to look fierce in Cheetah Print:

1. Cheetah Skirt – This is my go-to when I don’t know what to wear. All I have to do is throw on a cute crop top and a nice pair of shoes and I’m am ready to go.

2. Cheetah Shoes – These took me awhile to get into the habit of wearing, because I wasn’t sure what to pair them with. I eventually found that they go great with casual outfits. For example a pair of black jeans and a sweater, or even with a blouse and a jacket.

3. Cheetah Dress – This is perfect for going out or if you want to look cute in class. I love to throw a leather jacket with it and a nice pair of black heels to accent the black in the print. Other than that, I try to keep it simple because the print is already busy.

4. Cheetah Scarf – It keeps you warm and adds a pop of print to a comfy outfit making a stellar, yet simple, outfit combo for your 8am class.

5. Cheetah Blazer – In my mind, if Olivia Pope were to wear a cheetah print item, it would be this blazer. What’s nice is that it is so versatile, you can dress it up or dress it down. Here I have styled it with my black romper and a pair of heels – perfect for a night out. However, pairing the blazer with a nice blouse and pair of jeans would be super cute for class.

Now that you have the tips and tricks, go out and rock that cheetah print. Don’t be afraid to break out into ‘Cheetah Sisters’ while you do it – I might even join you.

DePaul '19 Journalsim, Public Relations and Advertising major. Diet coke is my favorite & so is eating in general. Watching Scandal, Once Upon a Time & listening to Demi Lovato are my pass times.