5 Trending Brands College Females Wish They Could Afford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

With social media being so prevalent, it’s really easy to learn about new brands and see what everyone else is talking about. Because of this, as college students, we see a lot of really cool brands that are too expensive for us, but we wish we can afford them. Here is a list of 5 of those brands:

1. Kylie Cosmetics

It’s no secret that Kylie Jenner’s makeup brand has exploded onto the beauty scene; that girl sells out in a few minutes! And with the entire world talking about it, it’s hard not to want to see what all the buzz is for ourselves. But, at $30 a Lip Kit, it’s stretching our poor, college budgets just a bit too much.

2. Good American Jeans

Along with Kylie’s brand, we also want to try her sister Khloe Kardashian’s denim line. Khloe is known for breaking the mold of what defines “sexy,” and seeing all of the amazing pictures she posts on her social media makes us want to try her brand immediately! Though, spending over $100 on a pair of jeans is nowhere near the budget of a college student, we’ll have to stick with the jeans we currently have.  

3. Farsáli Beauty

Anyone that follows the beauty community knows that every beauty guru is obsessed with the Farsali Rose Gold Elixer, and more recently, the Unicorn Essence oils. Gurus claim that these products are amazing, so of course we want to try them! The problem? It’s $54 for a small bottle, which is enough to make me want to just stick to my usual drugstore moisturizers.

4. Lululemon

Lululemon has been around for a while, but it is usually female’s first choice for workout clothing. Even though it’s extremely popular, it’s also pretty high up on the expensive scale, at around $130 for running tights.

5. LuMee

Most people known about the light up LuMee phone cases because Kim Kardashian promotes them on her Instagram account. But, they are around $50 for the iPhone 6 case, and around $70 for the new iPhone 7 case. In that case, we can just stick to taking our selfies in bathrooms.