5 Things To Pay Attention to This Week That Isn’t the Kardashians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

1. Kylie Jenner

Kylie Jenner recently turned 20 and is a young entrepreneur. She launched a line of cosmetics that she cleverly titled “Kylie Cosmetics” at the age of 17 which included bundles of lip liner and liquid lipstick and has expanded to highlighters, blushes, and eyeshadow palettes since. She’s currently in a legal battle for borrowing artwork of independent makeup artists for her brand, which should have been called Kylie Kosmetics. It’s not her fault that she got caught :(

2. Kendall Jenner

Kendall Jenner is about to turn 22 years old and is actually the sister of Kylie Jenner…of Kylie Cosmetics! Small world, but family really makes all things possible. You might recognize her from the phenomenal Pepsi commercial she was a part of in spring. A fun fact you might not know about Kendall is that her middle name is Nicole. As in Nicole Brown Simpson. As in famously murdered in the OJ Simpson case. As in OJ is out of jail now and life is weird.

3. Caitlyn Jenner

I’m sure you know who Caitlyn Jenner is. She’s famous for her Diane Sawyer interview in 2015 where she revealed that she was transitioning after spending the first 60 years of her life as an Olympian, motivational speaker, and doting father/husband.

Recently, she was also dragged through the mud after the release of her book which bashed her ex-wife, Kris, and Robert Kardashian, who has been dead for almost 15 years. In her free time, however, her publicist has been able to take a break since Kim Howe’s children dropped their wrongful death lawsuit against Jenner in coordination with her ability to somehow not be charged with vehicular manslaughter.

4. Kristen Jenner

Kris Jenner ( née Houghton ) is arguably one of the most innovative and successful marketing minds of our generation. Kris Jenner has been able to turn her lifestyle into a giant branding opportunity and succeeded in turning the identity of each of her six children into a business. From Khloe’s jeans to Rob’s socks to Kim’s contour, it’s truly possible, because of Kris, to be covered head to toe in Kardashian. Because of her personability, which landed the show, Kris has managed to make her children going to lunch newsworthy. Say what you want, but she is the most successful marketer today.

5. Brody Jenner

IDK I just needed a 5th Jenner. He’s apparently been engaged since 2013, and Wikipedia places his occupation as a model/socialite, which I’d love to major in.

SaveSave

Michelle is a third year Secondary Education English student at DePaul University that enjoys sarcasm, laughing at cats on the internet, and forgetting to wear her glasses to class.