This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.
Navy Pier Winter Wonderfest

Running from December 6th to January 12th, you can buy a $20 ticket to this Navy Pier event that includes indoor ice skating, a carousel, inflatable slides, and more. Plus, they really deck the halls with holiday decorations this time of year at Navy Pier.

Image

Christkindlmarket

Opening November 22nd until Christmas Eve, this pop up marketplace stretches across Dearborn street off the redline State and Lake stop. It’s free to enter and features many local vendors that sell hot chocolate, candy, hand crafted toys, and more.

Christkindlmarket will also have a second Chicago location next to Wrigley Field.

Image

Lincoln Park Zoo ZooLights

In the winter the zoo lights up with “2.5 million lights.” On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays it’s still free for all to see the zoo light’s beautiful glow once the sun sets way too early in the day. Lincoln Park Zoo will also feature special events with varying costs like photos with Santa, cookie decorating, and a light maze. 

Image

Magnificent Mile Lights Festival

Starting Friday, November 22nd, at 4pm 401 N. Michigan Avenue will host live music, photos with Santa, and holiday snack vendors.

The next day, Saturday the 23rd, a parade will march from Oak Street to the Chicago River headed by Mickey and Minnie Mouse. The parade will end at Chicago River with a firework display.

Image

Ice Skating at Maggie Daley Park

Take a date or your besties to this ice rink downtown starting November 15th. Admission is free but skate rentals cost $15 on weekends and $13 Monday through Thursday.

Image

Paige is a graduate of DePaul University with a degree in creative writing. Her parents were /this/ close to naming her Hermione but wasn't sure if the name would fit her. They regret this decision more everyday.