This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

As we head into finals week, it’s always nice to remember why this season is the best season!

1. FALL FASHION!

Sure shorts and tanks are fun, but everyone loves to layer up and add some cute boots. This fall fur is back in!! You’ll start to see a lot of faux fur coats cropped and long. Pair one up with a cute sweater, cuffed ripped or plain jeans, (high- waisted look great with cropped sweaters and fur coats) and a cute pair off booties. Speaking of booties.. THEY ARE BACK IN ALSO! ankle boots with small heels, mostly chunk heels but who doesn’t love a skinny heel once in a while.

2. BALMAIN PARIS HAS LAUNCHED A LINE IN H&M!

I’m sure most of you know that Kim Kardashian loves her Balmain. She wears Balmain very often and even shows off little North’s Balmain tutu that she sports for ballet class. Of course, Balmain is very expensive and we are college students so owning a Balmain piece seems to be a future goal type thing… Well Balmain Paris launched a line for H&M today!!! As in this morning. The rules on how long one would get to shop and how many at a time were very strict. I wouldn’t be surprised if the line was sold out already (which would stink soo bad) but run down to H&M and check anyway. It might not be straight out of the Balmain store, but it’s close!! We can all feel a little bit like a Kardashian.

3. MOCKINGJAY PART 2 COMES OUT THIS MONTH!

Now I know we all know about how AMAZING the Hunger Games series is, and luckily for us the movies always comes out in November! Grab your midnight viewing tickets if they aren’t sold out already!! Grab some friends and may the odds be ever in your favor to find a good seat because I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say I think this last movie (*tear) is going to be the best one yet!!!

4. FESTIVE FALL DRINKS!

Of course, we all know, the first fall drink that comes is the ever so famous and delicious PSL! the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. This delicious drink is the catalyst for all the other fall drinks that restaurants come out with. Get ready for cinnamon flavored everything!! The great thing is these drinks are great to have when studying because they are so calming, and I don’t know about you, but they put me in a great mood because they remind me that the holidays are just around the corner!

5. THE WEATHER!

Ugh, the fall weather is so perfect. Its the best time of weather to just snuggle up in a nice blanket and watch Netflix, scary movies, throwback movies, listen to music, or read a good book. The air is nice and brisk and it looks beautiful outside with all of the changing colors.

6. DRAKE SEASON!

So I must confess, I am absolutely in love with Drake! Any song he makes is a hit! And I think we all know his songs can put you in your feelings real quick. The weather, combined with a good fall drink, a fuzzy blanket, and a Drake song sounds like the ultimate combo to me!! And he came out with a new album with Future in September called “What a Time to be Alive” and it is amazing!! Some suggestions for some good fall weather Drake songs: Jungle, Company, Right Hand, Hotline Bling, Star67, Madonna, Wednesday Night Interlude,Legend, Know Yourself, Preach, You and the 6, Diamonds Dancing, Scholarships, Jumpman, Plastic Bags.

7. THANKSGIVING!

I think it is safe to say that Thanksgiving is one of everyone’s favorite holiday! A free one-day pass to stuff yourself with as much food as possible and not get judged for it…um yeah!!! There’s no better feeling than being around good people that just want to stuff themselves just like you! Eat up, and don’t feel bad about it!

8. GROWING ANTICIPATION OF CHRISTMAS!

We all get that instant feeling of sadness after Christmas because there isn’t much to look forward to anymore. So that is why all of the anticipation leading up to Christmas is the best! the growing holiday cheer is the perfect thing to get through the fall academic quarter. Think about all of the holiday madness that is going to commence right when we get out of school! If that doesn’t get you through these last few weeks of class until break, I don’t know what will!

9. KNOWING A NEW SEASON OF PRETTY LITTLE LIARS IS SOON TO COMING BACK ON SOON!

I’m sure all PLL loyalists anticipate the fall/winter season because we know a new season of PLL is soon to come! This season sure will be interesting, we know who A is and now the season will be set up 5 years later. I’m so excited to see how this will all pan out because I know before this last season PLL started to slip and get boring. Hopefully they keep the momentum going with this season because I know the day that they announce PLL’s last season will be devastating, but I am pretty sure I have been watching PLL since 7th grade, sooo…. 6 years? They are definitely going to have to put in some work to keep us all interested. We’ll see what happens…

10. IT’S THE “TIME TO GET IN SHAPE SEASON” 

I don’t know about you, but I always start to feel bad during the fall season and I get a ton of motivation to get in shape. I get all excited for the Holidays, but then I think about all of the yummy foods and pumpkin frapps I’ll be drinking and I’m like “Oh yeah, it’s about that time” This fall I a determined to get in shape. I start to think about the new year and how before I know it, it will be Spring, then Summer, and I know we all like to show off the new clothes that we have gotten, so let’s make a pact to stick to it and really get in shape. I’m down, just the thought of all of the food I will be enjoying is enough motivation, because, like most of you, I’m sure, would like to stuff your face during Thanksgiving and be like “sorry, not sorry!” 

Freshman at Depaul University. From Aurora, Illinois. Aspiring Guiliana Rancic.