What to do with your BF on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Hello Denison ladies! Are any of you stuck on what to do this Friday with your BF on Valentine’s day? Our team got together to help think of some ideas to try to ease some stress. There are plenty of things to do, whether you want to keep to a budget, or have an extravagant night. Here are some of the things we came up with:

1. Go out to dinner. Yes, this is pretty typical, but there are plenty of ways to spice this up. If you’re tired of the Granville, scene, try branching out a bit. Easton is always an option. There are plenty of amazing restaurants here, including P.F Chang’s, Cafe Istanbul, and Brio. If you want to combine dinner and movie, check out the dine in theater inside the mall. Servers will bring you food while you watch a movie. If you’re feeling adventurous, try something downtown Newark of Johnston. Only a few miles away, downtown Newark actually has a few nice places, including the Chop House.

2. Create a scavenger hunt. If you’re feeling super creative, plan a fun scavenger hunt with clues at each stop. Maybe leave them around campus, in places that have meaning for you. Maybe you had your first study date at the tables on the second floor, so leave a clue there.

3. Spend the night in. Let’s be honest, some of us will have a long week, and will be drained by Friday. Have a fun time hanging out in bed, watching a movie or tv show. If you get hungry, order in a pizza or go get take out. Papa Johns has a new cookie cake they deliver, and it’s INCREDIBLE.

4. Go to a museum. If you are both into history, check out the Granville Museum. It won’t take you long to go through, but there are some neat artifacts on display. Maybe it can be a stop after dinner.

5. Go out for dessert. Who doesn’t like Whit’s?

Hopefully these ideas will get your ideas going. We wish you the best of luck!

Kaitlin is a sophomore at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. She is currently studying Economics with a minor in Communication. When Kaitlin isn't studying, you can find her attending events for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, writing articles, playing tennis, or watching Bravo obsessively.  As a Bravo fangirl, she would love to meet Andy Cohen.